Buzzing feeling in Foot AVM?

I was diagnosed with an AVM in my right foot around Feb 21 - I was just wondering, does anyone else get a weird, almost buzzing feeling in their foot around their AVM at times? If yes, any ideas what it is? I have mentioned it to my AVM team, but I didn’t get an answer (they were more focused on bigger issues with it). Thanks!

@Extremity help for @Writerchick guys!

1 Like

I had an AVM in my leg and I used to get a pulsing sensation. I wonder if it is pulsing quickly and it feels like buzzing? Does it get hot when it is buzzing?

1 Like

I also have an AVM in my right ankle - yes, I get an almost vibration type of sensation from time to time. No idea what causes it, but its one of the few sensations I get from it that isn’t painful so I haven’t questioned it too much.

2 Likes

Hi-
I also have an AVM in my right foot. I get a “buzzing feeling” from time to time too. I usually feel it in the outer part of the AVM. I usually get it after walking/exercise. I’ve always just assumed it was increased blood flow to my foot giving it a buzzing sensation. I have never had an answer from a Doctor about it though.
Please let us know if you get an answer!
All the best!!

2 Likes

Yes! From what I remember from the ultrasound they did on my heel AVM, it’s the increased blood flow through the system. It happens to me a lot. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed it getting hot - but I seem to have some nerve damage/issues at the moment from the first round of treatment which has meant that my foot gets cold at random intervals.

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense as to what is causing it! :smiley: