Burst Blood Vessels

Hello I was wondering if any of you have ever had burst blood vessels in your eyes this is the second time it has happend to luke and i am not sure if it is an avm related thing or not. Dose any one have any suggestions??

Michelle, did you call one of the physicians and inquire??? Is Luke “sick”, head-cold with coughing and sneezing? Is he playing roughly with his brother or doing a new dance with lots of head banging movements? Is he on medications?? Is there a lot of eye rubbing by Luke as a reaction to an irritant such as an allergy to something(new or old) or someone(new or old)??

LUke has had laboured breathin in his sleep for several nights now, he has had temperatures around the clock fo 3 days and dose not have a cold but he keeps rubbing his head where his avm is and he is eve crying out in his sleep. Today we took him to the doctor and when she heard him cry she said "that sounds like a cerebal cry to me " what ever that means. She said that you can get a temp if you have a build up of pressure of the brain, i do not understand that. So luke has been given antibiodicts and if he is no better in 24 hours to take him to our local hospital to been seen by a peadiatrician i do not know what to think, and as you know luke is waiting on a semi urgent mri as he has had more build up of pressure behind his eyes and has been loosing his balance more. I do not know what to think any comments would be helpful.

Michelle, was the doc who said “cerebral cry” Luke’s neurosurgeon or neurologist?? If not have you contacted them? Get any answers to your questions yet? Blood vessells “burst” for a myriad of reasons and you need the docs help to discover Luke’s reasons…Is he improved with the antibiotic?? Let us know when you can…

Cerebral cry? I’ve never heard of that. But adding that to fevers for three straight days, maybe you shoud get him to an emergency room. How high has Luke’s fever been?

it was just a local doctor that had never seen luke before who said about his cerebal cry and since starting the antibiodicts the temp has gone down um 39 degrees for no apparent reason. I am still concerned as i sitll do not know what is wrong with him but he seems to be slowly imporving. I am also a bit suss aobut the burst blood vessel in his eye as it is on the side of his avm and he has been pulling at the back of his head where his anurysum is so do you think i should contact the neuro people as they will be away at christmas until feb??

I think you should definitely call the neurologist and tell him what has been going on with Luke, Michelle!

LUKE’S MUM Michelle said:

it was just a local doctor that had never seen luke before who said about his cerebal cry and since starting the antibiodicts the temp has gone down um 39 degrees for no apparent reason. I am still concerned as i sitll do not know what is wrong with him but he seems to be slowly imporving. I am also a bit suss aobut the burst blood vessel in his eye as it is on the side of his avm and he has been pulling at the back of his head where his anurysum is so do you think i should contact the neuro people as they will be away at christmas until feb??

Dear Michelle, you should take Luke to a neurologist. No other doctor can give you a better answer. I cannot understand why you have to wait for an MRI.