Blessings

As I was recovering from my surgery for the AVM, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This has been a tough year. However, as I recover from the double mastectomy and the AVM surgeries, I feel blessed. The neurosurgeon got the AVM out before I stroked, which was a blessing from God. And the cancer was found before it could invade the rest of my body. I won’t lie and say I haven’t had some really blue moments, but I have survived the year of 2013.

I have come to this website many times to read the posts of some wonderful people that have given me more strength than I would have had on my own. I thank God for all of you! I thank God for this website!

God bless you all!

Wow…you certainly were hit with a lot!! You are an amazing survivor!

Yay for you, Athena Nicole and thank God you continue to feel blessed! You deserve a wonderful 2014! You will be in my prayers.
Susan

Athena Nicole....You certainly are a survivor! God Bless You!

WOW Athena!!! You certainly are a force to be reckoned with and May God continue to Bless YOU abundantly ♥✞

You have been through the ringer Athena. I am glad to hear the sound of hope in your post. Stay strong.

beans

Hi, Athena - calling 2013 "a tough year" seems like an understatement! Thank you for sharing such an encouraging report. :) HUGS www.annninglearninghow.com

Thanks for your kind words Ann. I really do understand how blessed I am to be alive and recovering from everything this year. I told my husband that I was in a win/win situation. If God wanted me, I would be on my way to him. If it wasn't my time, I could spend more time with the people I love here. Whatever happened, I was blessed by the kindness of others and I want to pass that on.

Wow, Athena Nicole, your response to Ann was stated so well. Your husband is truly blessed to have you as I'm sure you are equally blessed. Enjoy the holiday season!

And some say miracles don't happen. You are living proof that they do. Someone was looking after you (wink).

God Bless You,

Ben

I just remembered -- I know a woman who is in her late 70's, a very lovely lady. She had a double mastectomy many, many years ago and to this day, she is in good health. I wanted to share that with you.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too Susan. I am the blessed one. My husband has been so supportive and loving through all of this. God blessed me with a very good man for a husband.

Thanks for the prayers. They do and are working.

Yes, God really has been carrying me this year. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season, Athena

Thanks. You can't help but wonder what comes next after breast cancer. You are so kind to shart that with me.

Thank you so much. God has really been good to me this year, all-be-it that the year was tough. Still, He got me through it. Happy Holidays to you and yours. God bless, Athena Nicole

Thanks for the reply, Athena Nicole, and kudos to both of us for I am also blessed with a loving, strong, supportive and wonderful husband!

You are completely AMAZING!!!!!!!!
When i had my gama knife the wee before i got a scare about my breast as well. I was talking about my neurologist with the AVM and about possibly them finding a lump in my breast and my options. Was the hardest thing to face at 23yrs old But mine wasnt cancer. You are truly amazing!!!! i was falling apart thinking about those two things. You are a different type of strong!!! GOD BLESS YOU. PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH.

No, I don't think I am amazing. I think YOU are!! Yours happened all at once. Mine were a few months apart. My breast surgery was about five weeks ago. I am so happy for you that yours turned out to not be cancer and hope that your health continues to improve. Enjoy your youth and your life. As you now know, things can change so quickly. I have dreamed of a trip to Maine for most of my life. After all this, I am planning the trip in 2014. I'm not going to wait any longer. If I can make it to next fall, I will be on the New England cruise.

Stay strong. God is with you. I am here if you need to chat. Athena Nicole