Being a mom and an avm survivor

I’m so glad to find this network about avm survivors. Sometimes I feel lonely about being a patient and don’t know what’s gonna happen.

I’m 28 years old.
I got seizure when I was pregnant 32 weeks.
After emergency cs surgery, i became a mom with a beautiful baby boy. But my doctor tell me there’s a “bomb” in my brain and gonna kill me in anytime. :grimacing:

Now I have done my embolisation and waiting for gama knife in next 2 months. Im lucky to find this avm thing when still can fix it.
My husband tell me that maybe our son is an angel come to the earth and try to warn me about my illness.

It’s gonna be a long trip to get back to my old life ( or a new life? you can never tell :blush: )
I’m so relieved to have found this group!

Hope everyone here get well soon. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Oh I got a phone from hospital today, the MRI shows my brain still has some blood :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I need to wait until they all disappear then I can get gama knife.

:pensive:

Wow. Finding out you have an AVM at the same time as having a baby would be extra challenging. When you say your brain still has some blood, do you mean that they need to do some more emoblisation? Take care!

1 Like

@SherryL Welcome to the group and so glad you found the site. Congrats on your son.
We are here for you -
Hugs Angela

3 Likes

Hello! Congratulations on your baby. He is most definitely your angel! You gave him life but he saved yours. We are all here for you and will be rooting you on.

Best wishes,
Lyannete

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply :blush:

The doctor thought that the brain hemorrhage that caused my epilepsy left a blood clot.
These blood clots affect the way the gamma knife calculates the amount of radiation. Therefore, it is necessary to wait for the blood clot to be absorbed by the body before performing the gamma knife treatment. To prevent excessive radiation from affecting my health

Having to wait another two months for treatment is very painful. I am worried that I will lose the courage to perform the operation.

I can only encourage myself, there is only part of my avm that has not yet been embolized and needs gamma knife. The situation is not as dangerous as it is during pregnancy. :pensive:

2 Likes

Wow! These curve balls of life sure hit us quite hard at times.

Excellent to hear that your baby is ok, for one - Now, do your best to follow the MD’s advice & keep yourself somewhat calm.

Embolization & GK are almost a standard line of defense against an AVMs nower days

I pray for you to do well :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can do this! My daughter had gamma knife when she was 17 and then again at 24. You are stronger than you think and you have all of us here praying and rooting for you!

4 Likes

Thx God, Sh, that you found this site! W/me, I found out about my AVM in @ 1980 & back THEN, I could not find any other AVM for @ 20 YEARS! Yes, I too felt SO ALONE! Not NOW, though, we are NOT alone!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

We are on the same boat. I gave birth to my son 3 months ago and after 3 days I developed a bad headache :face_with_head_bandage: went to the hospital and they dit a ct scan and an mri and boom they found my AVM…. Being a first time mom and getting to hear this as soon as my son was born shattered me :disappointed::disappointed: but like you said maybe they are our Angeles and hopefully we can cure it so we het to see our sons grow up. There’s a long road ahead us and I pray that at the end it will all be worth it and god will hear our prayers. Good luck

3 Likes

I love that your husband said your baby boy is an angel sent down to warn you about your illness. That’s a beautiful way to think about it. Seems like a lot to juggle being a new mama and could be stressful. But it’s just the beginning to a new chapter and once you overcome this you’ll be even more of a supermom! Cheering for you, I hope all goes well :purple_heart:

2 Likes