Back at it again!

Hello Everyone , I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I havent updated in a while. After my last visit to childrens I really needed to hibernate from this for a lil while. I had four days off last week and I managed to stay off the internet and away from this harsh reality. Since my last blog I have recieved most of madisons medical records from childrens its so hard when you actually read it in writing. Madison is going back to childrens tomorrow for a cat scan to see if the avm has moved into her bone. We obviously pray that is not the case. However she had to have her braces taken off today in order to get the cat scan and removing her braces caused quite a bit of bleeding. More than normal took us about a half hour to control. Watching that brings back the reality of avm life to me. To maddy its nothing major she just deals with the blood like its completely normal…thats sad when i think about it. We sat on the couch tonight and talked a little bit about why she had to have her braces taken off and she said mom im ok i could have it so much worse. I am so proud of her! However I have been able to shelter maddy from most of what is going on with her medically. She knows the very basics…she does not know about the procedures either embo or alcohol in detail nor does she know how badly it could grow…well we are off in the morning to childrens…i hope all of you are doing well with your own battles…hopefully you got to go out shopping this weekend i know i did and just for the record the moms that shop at aeropostale are worse than the moms that shop at toys r us…and one last thing this is for shalon…i still havent got a new pair of damn shoes…but i found a pair of lipstick red heels and i sure did want them and they didnt have my size so i am on the lookout for the red shoes…then i can call these blogs my red shoe diaries hehe…

I will keep you in my prayers. I know there is not much I can say, its your baby. I hope its enough to say your not alone. I understand because I am living it too with my son. Thank god for this blog because a few years ago when Nico was diagnosed we felt so alone. But now coming up on his two year angio I found this place and it truly has helped. Love the comment about the red shoe diaries…

ha ha ha!!! I just left you a note on your page and then saw that you blogged! Good luck today (you may be back by now!) Sorry to hear about the braces and bleeding. And you should be proud of her. I’m sure she understands that it is serious, even if not just how much so! Kids are smart and with all of the recent doc appts…she must know something is up. Glad she is able to take the bleeding with stride. Tell her I understand how yucky it is and that hot chocolate is always a good way to get rid of the taste :slight_smile:
Love the red shoe diaries…definately a keeper. Now you are going to be on a hunt for those! Try ebay!

i hope all goes well with Maddy’s appointment, she’s a tropper. I will pray all turns out well.