AVM's in Hosuton

I have meet some out standing people on Sat.(5/29/2010) all fellow AVM survivors.

Ben Munoz is a great person giving people a place to feel at home in their time of need. A man enjoying the journey of life at every turn.

Lizzie Strong the true hart of a champion!
Strong family the hart of a true family and they live up to the family’s last name.

Sheree in a place of learning and understanding. We are all here for you. What a great fun person, full of life.

James Larke a man of inspiration and an over comer of all challenges that life has. An open hart.

Grace woman of out standing class and a strong sole.

Enrique man of strength and calm soul
Rebeca warm and caring
Gonzalez family a group of loving people

Caryn Just a totally joyful person and a load of fun!

Juli a warrior with a hart of gold and an accent to die for.

Crystal my wife a sole mate, deep hart, passion for others that is hard to find. True in spirit. Deep in faith. kind to all with a hart for others in need,

Thank you to all the family member, fiends and loved ones that have help us with our AVM’s
To the doctors that have put their lives and time into the work of understanding AVM’s
I feel like I have left some one out and if I did I’m sorry.

This was the first time we met in Houston and it will not be the last. See you next year!

We had a great time Daniel…thanks to you and Crystal for your hospitality. Our only regret is that we with we had gotten there a little earlier so we could have spent time with a few of the others.

Thanks for hosting us, Daniel and Crystal!

See every one next year?

And Daniel a great organizer, over-comer, and one who gives totally of himself:) And his house comes with cages and sound effects! You had to be there to understand!

You and Crystal are the best! I’m just sorry y’all live in Houston when we are all the way up here in Austin. But we are going to host an Austin Party (ummm, Don, Lizzie and I decided we’re gonna have a party…sorry you have to learn about here…) some time this summer, so some of y’all Houstonites are just going to have to make your way up here to the Hill Country. :slight_smile:

O we like the hills.

I just joined this website, my mother has and avm and is currently in treatment and she got home today after the first and last “glueing” procedure, she is going to be doing radiation and she is very emotional and just wishes she had somebody to talk to that has been through the same situations. I am glad to know that there is this website and will potentially lead her to answer some questions. Her name is Kellie, keep and eye out for her. : )

http://www.avmsurvivors.org/photo/albums/avm-party

I live in the Houston area and would love to meet up with some of you.
How did you get the word out?
I have a lung avm which I have not had embolized. long story, many consults, and I still haven’t decided what direction to go.
thank you all; you are all such brave human beings. G-d bless you all.

Hi Debbie. I live in Austin, so it’s not terribly near Houston, but my daughter (avm survivor), my husband and I all came down to Houston for an overnight so that we could attend the bbq at Daniel’s house. We are going to be hosting a get together in early September and hope that you will be able to make it. I know there are a few Houstonians who have expressed interest in coming up for it.

Kati

Debbie Joseph said:

I live in the Houston area and would love to meet up with some of you.
How did you get the word out?

I have a lung avm which I have not had embolized. long story, many consults, and I still haven’t decided what direction to go.

thank you all; you are all such brave human beings. G-d bless you all.

I can not agree more about these people... (and thank you for the help Caryn between your camera and the nametags you were phenomenol). Sheree, James and Grace were not there (and you guys too) but it was an absolute honor to meet everybody. I think it worked out and everybody had a good time. Maybe next year will do it someplace neutral (like New Braunsfels), less expensive and less loud. And one big table?? Just a thought. But the folks at Hard Rock lost out. I can not wait for the BBQ in Houston (thank you Daniel n Crystal!) and to meet you Daniel, you are nothing but inspirational. I hope to learn a lot from you. ((((Daniel))))

Hi, Daniel, just got back from the San Antonio meetup. They had some clever ideas. I updated our post here: http://www.avmsurvivors.org/forum/topics/how-to-organize-a-meetup-in