AVM treatment options in Florida?

I am planning on moving to Florida soon and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some good hospitals or AVM centers in Florida that could possibly treat me. I have an extremity AVM and so far the only place I have contacted is Johns Hopkins children’s hospital but apparently they will discharge me once I turn 21.

1 Like

I don’t know what they have in Florida, but I would recommend Mayo Clinic and they have a place, I believe in Jacksonville?

@moonglow500 I’m in Central Florida and I certainly haven’t had any luck with doctors who know much about AVM’s in this area, unfortunately. The Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville seems to have a lot of specialties, but I don’t know if AVM’s are one of them. When I went for chronic migraines, they were just coming out with the Aimovig class of treatments, so their neurologists seemed to be on some of the latest trends, but I wouldn’t necessarily say they were doing “out of the box” thinking, or they would have discovered my DAVF and AVM’s sooner before I had a stroke.
Just sayin’. :woman_shrugging:

We definitely have members here who have been treated at Jacksonville and have recommended it.

1 Like

Dr. Jacques Morcos out of University of Miami has come highly recommended by a Dr I work with in VA, in fact I will be sending my images to him to take a look at for his opinion.
Look him up. Good luck.
Edit: sorry he does neuro but their center likely deals with extremity avm, just cant give you an exact name.

The name I’ve seen at Mayo Jacksonville is Dr Richard Hanel.

The other place in Florida I know people here have been treated is at St Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa.

I have been to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, they found my Spinal DAVF. I had an awesome Neurologist (Dr. Dimburg) & an awesome Vascular Neuro Surgeon (Dr Tawk). They were great there.

1 Like

Hi! I had a great experience at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. Dr. Robert Starke is the best!

1 Like