AVM surgery scheduled

Had my appointment with the neurosurgeon today. I am scheduled for surgery to remove the avm on Wednesday, June 27. He explained everything to me and answered all the many questions I had. He feels removing the avm surgically is my best option because the aneurysm he feels it is feeding is growing and feels certain that after the surgery it will shrink in size. I'm still pretty scared of the operation but he assures me the risks involved are low and that the outcome will be good. Praying he's right and everything goes well. He says I should only have to spend a few days in the hospital but I will be off work for at least 4 weeks. Hope he right because I can't afford to be off for much more than that.

Hi Cheryl,

My boyfriend recently just got his AVM removed surgically, the reason being because he also had aneurysms on it. Everything went extremely well and he was in the hospital for about a week. It has been 4 weeks since the surgery and he is almost completely back to normal. He hardly remembers anything about being in the hospital just bits and pieces. Just make sure you have a great support system and stay positive! I am sure everything is going to be fine, You are in my prayers.

Chelsey

I’ll put it on my calendar to pray for a full recovery and fast recovery.

Hi Cheryl! I will be praying for YOU, your medical team and your family for next weeks surgery. Please try to stay positive and keep the faith knowing that you are soon going to be AVM-FREE and will have so many reasons to celebrate life :))!!!

- Michele

I agree with Wendy, prayers to you! Let us know how it goes! Best of luck!

Sending positive thoughts. All will be o.k. --- Robert

I will be praying! Stay positive and keep the faith!

Thanks Chelsey. Hope everything goes as well for me. I do have a great support system and thanks for your prayers. Hope your boyfriend continues to do well.

Thanks Wendy....prayers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Michele. I am trying my best to stay positive about the whole situation.

Thanks Melissa for the prayers. I will let you know how it went as soon as possible.

Thanks Robert for the positive thoughts. I'm praying everything will turn out fine.

Thanks krd for the prayers. I'm trying my best!

I just had surgery on June 7 and I’m home doing good. I just had my staples removed yesterday and everything went well. I was scared too before the embos a d surgery but now looking back it wasn’t too bad. Stay strong, believe in your doctors and make sure you have family and friends with you. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask me. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

I just had surgery on June 7 and I’m home doing good. I just had my staples removed yesterday and everything went well. I was scared too before the embos a d surgery but now looking back it wasn’t too bad. Stay strong, believe in your doctors and make sure you have family and friends with you. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask me. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

Thanks Kinder. So glad your surgery went well. I'm sure it won't be as bad as I am imagining it might be. I'm trying my best to stay strong and be positive about the whole situation. My doctor is great and I have complete faith in him and my family and friends are always here for me.

I will pray for a successful surgery!!!

Thanks Ninibeth.....hoping for both!

Thanks Monica....all prayers welcome!

Hi Cheryl. Your on my prayer list too!!