AVM surgery scheduled Monday, April 20th

I know I have been on here with a lot of questions about surgery. I actually got that 2nd opinion and they basically said the same thing......I need surgery. The AVM is on my upper left cerebellum, easily accessible, and they told me it would take3-6 hours.(no embolization before since it is risky to get to it through the arteriogram). My surgeon said he could get all the arteries since it is so small. (I think 8mm x 14 mm). I guess that is considered small?

Yes, I am quite nervous, but have decided to put it in God's hands. My surgeon is from Mercy hospital in Oklahoma City, OK. His name is Benjamin White. I have already been treated there for my aneurysm, but they did it with an arteriogram type of surgery.....(coiled it). I was very well taken care of and very fortunate to have come out of it all without issues.

I am going to plan on replying on here after surgery to let you know how it went. I appreciate any prayers! I am nervous.

Lynda

Lynda, You certainly will be in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery!

Lynda,

I'm sending prayers for a fast and easy surgery and a quick and easy recovery. It sounds as if you're going with the best recommendations of the doctors you've been to see. Rest, eat healthy, and do something that you enjoy. Your surgery will be done soon and then you can concentrate on getting better! We're all pulling for you!

When you're up to it, please let us know how it went.

You've got it Lynda! I will be keeping you in my prayers! I believe in the power of prayer and positive thoughts! You already have a great track record with this hospital and for being a survivor! I was very nervous when my daughter underwent Gamma Knife surgery for the AVM on her brainstem. It's normal to be nervous or scared, or whatever other emotions come up. I will pray for the surgeons, doctors, nurses and everyone else who will be caring for you. I pray for your return to Perfect Health. <3

Thank you…Appreciate the encouragement, thoughts and prayers! We are going in early tomorrow! !

It's a big day tomorrow. You can start your recovery the next day! I had surgery in Houston after my embolization. I was scared out of my mind as well but 2+ years later, I know I my surgeon helped me make the right treatment choice. Wishing you well.

Hello and Happy Sunday!

I pray that you had a restful weekend filled with lots of love! I pray that your surgery is a success and you recover effortlessly! You will remain in my prayers for the rest of the week!

God Bless!

Hi Lynda. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Have faith that everything will be fine and then you can begin your journey of healing and moving forward! Keep us updated!

I hope it went perfect. My thoughts are with you and yours.

I didn't see this until today, the 21st, but I will pray for your recovery.

We will be praying for you as it is one of the biggest things in life you will EVER do...stay blessed, positive and keep us posted on the road to recovery...God bless!

I know it is scary to think about but i found it was best get it out and move on with your life. it will be hard long road to recovery but you will find it is much better to deal with the recovery and not live in fear. I pray everything will go well. please let us know how everything goes.

Keeping you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

I would suggest praying really hard about it and maybe getting a 3rd opinon. Just want to check all of your options, Surgery on the brain is nothing to joke about and is very serious. I pray that God be with you and whatever decsion you make for your life. God Bless

I hope it goes well for you. And prayers you have.

I made it through surgery and doing great. I will write more when I get out of the hospital

Great to hear, four_r!! Congrats! Thanks so much for letting us know!
Rest, relax, and recuperate! We'll be here when you're ready.

wow , so glad to hear that !! I don't know you , and im crying of relief.
my daughter is about to have a surgery to remove her AVM in 3 weeks.
she is so young , and I'm so afraid .
hope you'll have a quick recovery
be well

Fantastic! Now it's time to just rest and heal! Great news!

Thanks for the posting four_r and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Yay for doing great!