AVM Superpowers

Just taking a break from cooking supper and I thought I would share a couple of my super powers with you.

1. I can smell a freshly cut onion and it doesn’t make my eyes get all watery or anything.
  2. I can eat an entire spoon worth of freshly cut onion with nothing hiding the taste and it tastes good, not unbelievably hot like it was before.

Note to both of them - that is a 180 degree turn from what it used to be.

My third power has to do with ketchup. Where I used to bury my hamburger in ketchup, now I can hardly put on. It reminds of the local Haitian restaurant where you order by number - I would like a#7 at a 2 (wimpy). The only person weve ever gone with who went up the scale was my duaghter’s roommate from Indonesia. She ordered it as a 10. That even got the owner to come out and make sure she knew what she was doing. She took one bit, tasted it and let it sit for a minute and then she said, "'yeah, it’s hot but our chicken legs are hotter. Some one put the spice meter way up on ketchup for me now.

AVM Superpowers? Eh, not sure.

TJ

1 Like

I as well can eat an onion without tearing up! That was not always the case.

I used to not even be able to be in the same room as an onion as it was being cut up.

I can now read text upside down and backwards!

1 Like

I also heal like a lizard. Seriously a finger tip grew back!!

1 Like

I have some funny things that changed after my surgeries. One is my hearing is a little above normal. Doctors say that maybe because of my right peripheral vision damage after the bleed. My left eye is 20/20 but my right eye isn’t the best. Another funny one is when my bleed happened I was paralyzed on my right side for month. I was born right handed so was a trick learning to use my left side but became ambidextrous and after the surgeries my right arm was back to normal.

2 Likes

This is very strange, but I seem to be able to write poetry. I seem to be extremely good at rhyming words.
I sat down one day to journal/write in my diary and all this poetry starting flowing out of me. To be clear I have not written poetry since elementary/primary school and was never particularly good at it.
They operated very close to the language part of my brain (Brocas area), but I forgot my language when I woke up from surgery and could only speak broken English.
My neuro -psychologist cannot explain this.

1 Like

That’s somewhat weird, but really cool too. Share some of your poetry some time if you’d like to (and assuming that even just in the comments on this post should be okay with the moderators?)

TJ

1 Like

Of course it is. In general, just go for it.

One of my first bosses ever (like 9th grade) was a real estate developer and his motto was, “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.” Years later I was on the zoning board of appeals and I found out that while that motto served him well, it didn’t necessarily make him any friends in city hall. I don’t think that bothered him a bit…

1 Like

No superpowers unfortunately. Only a few card tricks, I picked up in Rehab.

2 Likes

They might look like card tricks, but…

2 Likes

I have began working as a market employee and am approaching one year of service. The work is tough COVID but I finally found a place I can be an effective member of society it’s quite strange feeling normal again. I feel like Superman!!

1 Like

My super power is being able to survive two drownings in 3.5 years.

2 Likes

Amazing news!!! keep me updated on future progress?:mask::mask: