AVM/stroke rehab discharge and further progress

Thanks, :slight_smile: I will definitely keep this in mind. I appreciate your support.

Hi Dick,
I had my ordeal in 2013. I know it is a bit daunting . Recovery stage needs a lot of patience and determination. You’ll get there in time… take is easy…

Dick -

Do, did your AVM rupture during surgery ONLY? I'm set up for an appt to see Dr. Cantrell next week to review my case. So far, no rupture but knowing I'm walking around with this thing is making me stressed. Such an inspiring story you tell. I'd love to hear more if you don't mind?

Thanks
Jamie

Hey there,
I don't mind at all.
I had the same stress and fear associated with possible rupture all the way through embolizations and craniotomy.
My case and AVM could have been very different from yours.
That being said, after reviews of angios, FMRI, and MRI/MRA(s), my doctor insisted it was perfectly fine to continue hard workouts and the fast running that I used to do more frequently.
Things are getting back to a "new normal" as my infarction/stroke was only caused during removal of the left parietal AVM. I now drive my manual transmission car to work, and work full-time days each week. To be honest, this seems to be the hardest task as a stroke survivor. I never suffered depression or anxiety all through recovery. I do struggle with it now. Again, I'm only 6 months post-stroke and AVM removal, so I have a lot to be thankful for. Hang in there. Don't let too much get in the way at this point. That's easy to say, but I know hard to do. You have a long journey ahead and you should savor every minute of life, no matter how hard the struggle gets. This is what I try to do, and it seems to carry me through. I'm very OCD about my body, especially if I know something as wrong as an AVM is present. Listen to the docs, nurses, and especially, your body. Take care and I wish you the best.