AVM on TV

Has anyone watched the HBO show Six Feet Under? One of the characters is shown to have AVM. The show was back in 2005 or so, so I am curious how it was shown. I don't have HBO so I will have to rent it on dvd soon to check it out. I guess it is a good thing and I found it interesting that AVM was on TV. Wish we could get it out there more so people knew about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Fisher

Thanks for the info. No psychic ability here more than occasionally joking with my son when I actually know where something is he can't find.

There was a House episode, too, where the patient had an AVM.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor's book, "Stroke of Insight", was AVM-related. My ex-fiance read this to me while in rehab. hospital-inpatient, and my brain was a little "jiggly" so not really sure.

I've heard that about "Six Feet Under," but have no details.

I forecast that I will have chocolate or pizza in my near future.

I have recently started that book and pick it back up on days my eyes cooperate. Very insightful so far!

I just watched the first episode of Six Feet Under, regardless of AVM I already like it.

I predict you will enjoy both! Poof! :)

Hey Holly! My sister pointed out the show to me and said Nate had an AVM. So I watched the whole thing... I'm sure you will love it. Maybe she can send you the DVDs and you can save some money. Just a thought.

I think someone even posted something about Nate confronting his Doc about his AVM on the site.(I know I saw that... wait...no, I saw that). I'm not answering all the discussions and posts like I used to because I have to read for school... but I'm here and still reading everything. Birthday ribbons are another matter. Dang discipline... lol. Anyway, hope you're feeling well.

Wow, pyschic abilities... I had no idea... (just go with it and humor me...lol).

Thanks Suzy. Hope you are well!

I have a friend that has helped me download the episodes for free so far. :)

Good deal. You will love the show.

yes, she did have an AVM, which caused a massive stroke. Her story is a remarkable inspiration, I'm glad you mentioned it. Saw her on oprah, didn't read the book.

I saw it on House as well!

Hi Holly - I hardly ever watch "House" - but I did for some reason religiously when recovering in the rehab. hospital, but I watched it last night. They mentioned where the one intern did an AVM embo...it was so strange to hear.

Hi there Laura, I am so glad you shared that cause I have been experiencing dejavu moments through out the day, of my dreams, its so weird...

Havent watched it Holly but thank you for letting us know, I definitely would like to see this episode so I requested this show from the library! Take care and God Bless!

i may watch this - the actor plays Dexter and i love that show! Can someone just let me know, what type of series is it? Typical Drama yes? Do they focus most of it in real life problems; the AVM is just one small part of it, or a very large percentage? I just dont want to watch stuff like "boy meets girl/boy loves girl/argument/back on track....." thats not my cup of tea....thx!

It is a dark humor/drama yes. The AVM becomes a big part of Nate's character but one of many back plots of the show. I think you will like it. I am most of the way through the second season and I am enjoying it. Not a romantic drama at all, very dynamic.