AVM on left ankle

Hello everyone !

On the begin, I have to admin - English in not my first language, so medical phrases and concepts may by tough for me.

I have, massive AVM on my left ankle (foot), which from outside looks like a huge tumor (85x60x70mm) and also inside changes took hold: heel (it was stated that I have “features of destruction”), which has been penetrated by AVM and broke through into the joint capsule; also I have occupied an axial muscle trailer (long and short) and flexor hallux. Probably the calf nerve was also busy by AVM. I probably also have veno-arterial fistula between the artery and a vein fibula. Finally, I mention that as a result of the embolization was thrombosis.

I wrote this all, because I would like get advice from someone who went through (or goes through) it. At now I have scheduled for fourth embolization (in first two the doctors used the glue, on third they used alcohol). So far the results are low. The pain is worse (I almost can’t walk), but from outside occurred necrosis on the tumor, but inside fistulas do not disappear and (probably) don’t decrease (maybe even the reverse - the doctors don’t tell me much about my disease and treatment, but their faces wan’t smile. That is another reason why I write here). Sow how your treatment looks (looked) like? How much time it took? If embolization does not work, what are the alternatives? Surgery (was planned, but after the last MRI, embolization was again planned)? Also this is important for me because probably I’m the only one sick of it in Poland.

Allende,

Welcome! I’ve added you to the @Extremity group. We do have several extremity members. I hope someone can share their experience with you.

Don’t worry about your English: it is very good!

Richard

I’m really sorry for my mistake and thanks for correction.