Avm-no bleed

Has anyone had an avm here that didn't bleed? If so how did it affect you? I had gamma knife radiation for mine 01-09-2012.I feel really weird and off balance, very very slow. Help!

Hi Stephanie my AVM as to date hasnt bled thank god! I have had 2 gammas as well. One in 2007 and one in 2010. I after both my gammas I felt slow and weird. It took a few days or like a week to get to my "normal". And still I have slow days. Not just because of the gamma but the avm in general :) It will get a bit easier and you will start to feel better as the days go by. Or so I pray for you that thats how it will happen!!!!

Hi Stephanie! There are a lot of members who had or have AVMs that haven't bled. Mine included. I had surgery at the tail end of 2006 and because the AVM was in my cerebellum (part of the brain that controls balance) I've been off balance ever since the surgery. Everything has been improving but it's a slow process. I say "was" because the AVM was removed 100% since the surgery and recent MRIs have shown that it's still gone. :) So while this whole balance thing is nothing more than frustrating, I'm greatful that the monster is gone. (Ok, I stole that monster thing.)

Be patient (I know that's hard to do) and stay as positive as you can. We will always be here for you no matter what the outcome. Oh and if I never said it before, welcome. :)

Hi Stephanie, I hope you are feeling better. I would be interested to hear how you are doing. I will include you in my prayers. Like you my avm is not ruptured. I am on waiting list for gamma knife surgery but am now wondering whether I should have it or not. I’m not sure if I’m just getting scared! Decisions, decisions. Wish you a speedy recovery xx