Avm freeeeeeee

I want to share that I received the best news in my life .Gammaknife did her job and according to my neurosurgeon the probability of bleeding again is ZERO ! I want to thank so much to all the people here that supported me so much and were truly the biggest friends I could have in all of these journey …And now …:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

9 Likes

Congrats!!

1 Like

That is completely fantastic! So happy to hear, enjoy the celebration! John.

2 Likes

Rita,

That is absolutely fabulous and exactly what everyone post gamma knife deserves to hear! :wine_glass::birthday::icecream::champagne::clinking_glasses::tropical_drink::muscle::ok_hand::clap:

Happy new year! And well done for getting through the whole thing!

Richard

2 Likes

Fantastic news, I am currently awaiting my referal for Gamma Knife to come through. So I hope I can celebrate soon too. Congratulations Great to hear the good stories…
Mick

6 Likes

You will I am sure! Any question feel free to ask :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Rita.
Congratulations, that’s wonderful news. Hope you are enjoying your celebrations!
How long did gamma knife take to work? And what change did you see after your 1 year scan? Gillx

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: my avm was really really small so it wasnt visible on mri’s. I just knew it now that I did the angio 2 years and two months after gammaknife :slight_smile:

Thanks Rita, that must have been really tough for you-not knowing the progress of the AVM going. How did you cope? Did you give anything up after gamma knife like driving, flying, drinking alcohol? I’ve done 1 year and I’ve been afraid to do anything like that. X

I had quite wide AVM with hydrocephalus 4 years ago.

Recently they did angiography of my brain and avm completely gone.

Gamma knife is fantastic instruments preserving thousand patients worldwide.

4 Likes

It was really hard the waiting and uncertainty of gammaknife really working, I drove (except with a modification from the pedals for my left leg) but I never stopped driving because gammaknife, I drink only a glass of wine per day (that scared me its true) I didnt made any lifting or exercise beside walking a lot and climb stairs and flying I only did it three times short flights and the first 1year and 4 months after gammaknife. I was very scared about everything maybe I m not very a big inspiration at this waiting part :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yey! Congratulations! God bless gammaknife :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Hi Rita,
You are already a big inspiration to me! Thank you for sharing that with me. I think you are amazing at getting through it all despite how scared you were and with no MRIs. I too am too scared to do anything and finding waiting very hard after just 10months! I don’t drive or fly through worry of having a seizure which gratefully I’ve never had. I think you deserve a huge medal, well done!! :slight_smile: x

5 Likes

Hi - I’m about to go to Sheffield for GK. Where did you have yours? Did your hair fall out - am really worried about that more than anything!!

1 Like

Hi! My hair didnt fell but I received only 14minutes of radiation, is your avm very large? I know of some members of the fΓ³rum that unfortunetely experienced that :frowning: But for the procedure relax you wont feel anything!

Wow 10 months already! I only started being more brave and letting go at 18months mark. I remember the first year is the hardest to pass… And you are already there! Can you believe that it was so much time living with this ghost that I dont believe either that I m cured and dont have to think about this ever again? :sweat_smile:

Rita: CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you. I hope to receive the same news one day. I had my second GK procedure a month ago. Now, I’m on my 3-year journey to what I hope is total eradication. I am so encouraged by your post. You are truly blessed.

Sharon D…

2 Likes

Thank you Rita. You enjoy your well deserved freedom. X

1 Like

Heyyy!!! That are GREAT news! :slight_smile: I am very happy for you! The next step is to write a list of things you couldn’t do before your treatment and do everything on your list.

2 Likes

:grin: True! Thank you so much!