AVM Free after just 1 year post GK

Wow! Your post and experience has been extremely informative for me, and for that I really thank you. I had my GK treatment on 5/11/11, almost reaching my 5 month mark. I understand that each case is different, but its nice to hear that sometimes the AVM may become obliterated sooner than the drs’ predictions.
I hope we only hear good news of your cyst, and you get to enjoy life as you had before your AVM was discovered- free of worries!

All the best…

Update,

Went to my NS yesterday for a followup. It went pretty well. Doc ordered a new MRI to see if the steroids are doing the job and the swelling is not coming back as I taper off them. I’m down to 1 mg for the last week, I started on 6mg 3 weeks ago. He said not to worry about the cyst as it may get smaller as the swelling goes down but he said he will keep an eye on it with MRI’s so we will see probably late next week.

Hey Brett…glad that you don’t have to worry about the cyst right now…hopefully the MRIs will show the cyst getting smaller and smaller :)))!!!

Hi Birdie, when I had my CyberKnife which is similar to GammaKnife, I was told the same thing as you…they would check it, via an Angio, in 1 year and it could take up to 2 to 3 years to completely disappear which I hope will be sooner rather than later!!! Like you, I can’t wait to be celebrating AVM-FREE :))!!!

Michele,

I look forward to celebrating that day with you! when was your cyberknife procedure done?

that is so awesome .congrats!!! what is srs?

Hi Amber,

Thank You. Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)Gamma-Knife Cyber-Knife etc…