AVM bleed or no bleed?

Is the success of a crainiotomy and recovery different if the AVM hasnt bled yet compared to crainiotomy and recovery after a bleed?

I had a craniotomy after an AVM bleed if you need to know about my recovery I would be glad to share this. I hope you are well.

take care

yes please…and Thank you

Yvonne Revans said:

I had a craniotomy after an AVM bleed if you need to know about my recovery I would be glad to share this. I hope you are well.

take care

I would be happy to hear this story …my son had a bleed and is now having surgery…thxs yvonne…

Yvonne Revans said:

take care

My daughter has had two craniotomies — one that was done on an emergent basis due to a massive bleed, the other was scheduled when a residual AVM was detected. After the first surgery, my daughter spent 3 weeks in a hospital (mostly in a coma) and a month in rehab. The second surgery was on a Friday. We were home Monday afternoon. Daughter was back in school a week later. Still some very minor recovery involved, but I think it's more likely due to disturbing brain cells that were already damaged.

I can't necessarily speak to the success of one vs. the other. Children have to be monitored throughout their childhood for regrowth of AVMs, so our longterm story is years from its conclusion. The prognosis for adults is very different from what I hear.