AVM-associated tics/restlessness?

Does anyone have tics they didn't have before? My son is blinking his eyes a lot (waaay more than normal), complaining that his eyes are dry. Also, occasionally, he has what I can only describe as restless leg syndrome, except thoughout his entire body. He'll suddenly jerk, saying that he just had to move -- he couldn't help it. I know how it feels because I have restless legs every once in a while. Before I knew there was a name for it, I used to call it "jumpy legs". Anybody else experience these things?

My eye lids twitched. I have no idea if it was because of my AVM, but it started about a year before the discovery and would happen when I would have a nasty headache or really stressed. It hasn’t happened since my surgery. I am going to have to ask my neurologist if there could’ve been a connection.

My son, also Ryan, does not have any of this. His AVM was located in his face and neck and the majority has been removed. He is having the remaining vessels embolized with Onyx now. No real side effects.

Monica Longood said:

My son, also Ryan, does not have any of this. His AVM was located in his face and neck and the majority has been removed. He is having the remaining vessels embolized with Onyx now. No real side effects.

I also have restless leg. Never had it before surgery. I am taking meds for it and with out them i would not be able to sit still.

Hi JOey has avm in spine and his legs jerk and spasm alot they told me this is normal due to damage to the right leg and site where the bleed was. Drs gave him meds to help with the temors and spasms, it has helped some but still has sometimes and he complains that they can be painful. Hope this helps Traci

Yes, thank you. I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on with him. Your answers are helpful to me!

Traci Lemaire said:

Hi JOey has avm in spine and his legs jerk and spasm alot they told me this is normal due to damage to the right leg and site where the bleed was. Drs gave him meds to help with the temors and spasms, it has helped some but still has sometimes and he complains that they can be painful. Hope this helps Traci

My son has a spinal avm can you please tell me where he had his surgery?

My leg bounces uncontrollably every once in a while which they said was clonus which is a frequent symptom of strokes and other brain injuries. I think it’s pretty normal. You just put pressure on it to stop it.