Australian avm groups

Well it’s good to hear some positive things out of the current situation… yes COVID has been such a pain & I to recently had my second jab last week… I can only imagine the inconvenience lockdown & COVID put’s onto families of loved ones who need the medical attention for other matters… As much as home schooling is a pain I’m not sure how comfortable we feel about sending them back out here once we open up next week… I can only tell you to try & keep positive & get through this as best as possible… God bless!

1 Like

Better he contract it while his vaccine protection is highest than down the track when it has wained is my thinking. Cement that immunity. Won’t be actively seeking Covid out but I’m sure it will find us at some point.

I dont disgaree. I think its only a matter of time… God bless!

1 Like

Hi everyone just thought I’d give an update…. My son had his AVM surgery December 16th at the Cleveland Clinic with Dr. Mark Bain. He walked out 2 days later! I am still in awe and truly grateful for everything. He was going to be in a 4 day coma in Australia so we are grateful his American health insurance covered it. His recovery has also been amazing (although he still needs to get the stitches out). And he knows he still has months of recovery. But it is a full recovery with no deficits thus far. Thank you for encouraging us to get it done asap.

2 Likes

Hi I’m 41 and live in Melbourne. I was lucky that I had a seizure and had a CT scan and that’s how’s they found my AVM.
I’ve been on Keppra medication for 6 mths for my seizures. I did have another one so they have upped my medication and have been ok since.

I just had gamma knife radiation yesterday so hopefully this works. It will take 2/3 years to find out.

It’s an extremely hard thing to go through but if you or your daughter need to chat I’m hear for you.

I hope your daughter stays strong all the best.

2 Likes