Ataxia

Hi all , just wondering have many of you been diagnosed as ataxic .I find it hard to find good stories/outcomes . Does this keep improving ( mine seems to be )
Thanks.

Hello Emmam,

I have ataxia bad but I do believe its getting better. My physio has been doing exercises to help my vestibular. These exercises have helped my balance. I am going to try not take my nausea tablets and see if that has improved any. I do think you should see a neuro physio to help you. Good luck with everything.

Thanks , my balance very bad what exercises are you doing ? I see a physio once a week be lost without her .

Thanks , my balance very bad what exercises are you doing ? I see a physio once a week be lost without her .

Thanks think I know all the websites now ataxia can be a nightmare at times you reallly have to try keep positive.

Thank you swami jim one if my new years resolutions is to stay positive (even if I walk like a duck. Ha ha .) have a nice weekend

There is one easy excercise I have started that apparently does wonders. It apparently helped a man who could not even sit up straight. It helped him and he just did it three times a day for a week. Take a playing card, hold it at arm length. In front of your face. It must be an ace. You can also use a piece of paper with a big dot in the middle.

Fix your eyes on the picture in the middle and turn your head left and right 15 times. Then take a break. Repeat this three times.

You may feel dizzy at first but the longer you do it the faster you can go. Don’t do it more than three times a day as this can give you a headache.

It really such a simple exercise but it makes such a difference!

Try it out, you got nothing to lose. Good luck Emmam.