Aphasia

I don’t have aphasia, but I DID go to a huge dog show 2 weeks after having surgery to clip the aneurysms caused by my AVM. We have several lanyards with attached name tag pouches, so I typed up a note that I was 2 weeks post surgery & included my husband’s & my doctor’s info in case something happened while I was at the dog show. (It is a 5 day show & in the Reliant Center in Houston.)

I’m a teacher, so I’ve also made sure to notify my school nurse of what’s going on in case something happens at school. She even gave me her cell phone number in case I needed anything this summer–and that’s with only having Gamma Knife scheduled. We didn’t schedule the crani until after I had the Gamma Knife.

Hi…You are a very smart lady…I wasn’t when I had my AVM diagnoced (can’t spell well). The only thing they could treat me with was Proton Beam Radiation. I had the radiation and 6 months later had a massive brain bleed and then had a crani just to remove the blood. From my crani, I had the brain injury.

Thank God, my daughter knew that I had an AVM, because I didn’t tell anyone, some family members, my friends and where I worked. Not because I was emparresed, but because I was working so hard, I didn’t have the time to talk about it. However, I had the bleed while I was home and my daughter found me 4 hours after it started. Looking back, I should have done what you are doing, let it be known. (I wish this site had Spell Check)

Do you have dogs? I have a Wired Hair Fox Terrier, named Billy, who spent an entire year in my bedroom with me, after I was released from Rehab. It’s been 3 1/2 years now and I’m doing so much better than that first year.

Louisa–I actually meant to post this on another thread :slight_smile:
Yes, I have dogs. I have 3 Akitas and a Whippet. Two of my Akitas (Teddy & Gwen) do conformation & are champions. Two of them (Blaze & Teddy) do agility & have multiple titles. Gwen isn’t quite 18 mos. yet, so we haven’t started agility with her–waiting for her growth plates to close up. The Whippet just came to us on Wednesday. He will do conformation, agility & lure coursing. We don’t have human children, so our dogs are our “babies.”