Aphasia after dAVF embolization

Sacks’ book is excellent. I had never understood migraine or aura and only discovered that I was having aura / scotomas after reading his book some weeks after my embolization.

Here is a link (and link-within-link) to my initial realisation and then reading Sacks’ book: My Update - Dural AVF Embolization

Sacks often illustrates his books with patient stories so if you are diligent and read about Classic Migraine and Aura I am sure you’ll see that there are all sorts of effects induced by migraine. I don’t remember if there was an aphasia example – I think there might be – but the impression I have come away with is that the diversity of aura is part of what characterizes classic migraine. So I am not surprised. The boundary between migraine and seizure seems very grey, too, with either able to carry symptoms of the other to the untrained eye.

I found the images of fortifications and the little black-and-white illustrations or scotoma to be my eureka moment.

Glad to be of service. I’ve got about half way through the book before lending to someone in greater need.

Richard