Anyone who is young and has had an avm? doctors/paramedics cast you off because your young

Not sure if anyone believes me at the moment... I have started a case up with the lawyers and told them my story and now things will be investigated... but I am just so frustrated. I think because I don't any physical impariments from my stroke people look at me as if it couldn't have been that bad? But the paramedics left me and I was slipping in and out and I could have died. I am just so frustrated I want to get this message out there but don't think I am allowed to say much. I have had enough . They didn't even believe me and could have killed me.. It upsets me because I see how people act FAST with stroke, and that never happened for me.

I tell people and have had even my closet friend turn there back on me. Even my now ex boyfriend who was there at the time cant understand how bad it was for me and has blocked me from contacting him. Some people can't even deal with the horror so they would rather just get on with there normal lives. I have had so many people just act so flippant :( The paramadecis let me die casually- I have told people and because I don't have any obvious evidence from the stroke people think oh well you look fine.

I have been to my local gym. When I signed up there a few weeks ago there was no medical form or anything and my brain surgery is invisible. Apart from my speech there is no inkling.I do have a slight balannce problem but didn't say anything.. I told this trainer there I have had brain surgery and they didn't seem to show any emotion. I also have mentioned about the music as I can't deal with loud music... and told them I have a problem. The other day I printed out a factsheet about brain surgery and highlighted what effects me. I gave it to the trainer who seemed flippant. He rolled his eyes. i am planning on giving these factsheets out to all the trainers at the gym. Will people believe me? I feel like I am crying wolf at the moment.

My brain has had enough and I am starting to lose memory from things which happen as so much happens. This is an actual nightmare. What is this life?

I am not actually depressed at all as I am quite high spirited. At the moment I am starting to prefer it when I was unconscious.

Jessica- sorry you are still going through this mess. I am glad things are moving forward with your lawyers and hope that those who did not treat you right will be held accountable. I am sorry for your frustration with dealing with others and their lack of empathy toward you. After my bleed I worked with a therapist, and I still meet with her sometimes. I didn’t go to her necessarily for depression, but rather just for someone to take the time to listen and try to understand what I was going through. It helped me so much to deal with the people who couldn’t quite understand and it helped me to be able to move forward. You are in my thoughts and I hope that things start looking up for you.

thanks :) I have actually been to a buddist centre and been doing yoga which has been helping.

I’m 29 years old, my AVM ruptured on 10/2/2014. I have Wernickes so I’m fluent. I’m noticing that doctors don’t pay attention to my issues; the migraines, my nerves, and the fact that I want to go back to work and finish my masters. It’s very frustrating! It will get better! It’s important to be your own advocate and never say no!