Any one live in the Houston area?

So sorry I have not made it back on here much the past few week. How is the 27th looking for every one ?

April 27th? That’s on a Tuesday… I have to work that day, but am coming to Houston on the 28th to pick up a friend at the airport. Then back on Sun. May 1st to drop her off.

Daniel A Sadler said:

So sorry I have not made it back on here much the past few week. How is the 27th looking for every one ?

Opps a miss type on my part. The 24th.
Me and Crystal have been talking more about this and she said what about May 29th. It will be a holiday weekend. Lets set this in stone before this weekend.

So the dates we are willing to host a party are April 24th or May the 29th.

Thanks for organizing this. I’m about 50% sure I could drive from Austin to Houston for 4/24 and about 99% sure I could be drive to Houston for 5/29.

Ben

Daniel A Sadler said:

Me and Crystal have been talking more about this and she said what about May 29th. It will be a holiday weekend. Lets set this in stone before this weekend.

Either would work for me. But if May 29th is better for some,then let’s make that our date. We Texas people can handle the heat. lol!

Ben Munoz said:

Thanks for organizing this. I’m about 50% sure I could drive from Austin to Houston for 4/24 and about 99% sure I could be drive to Houston for 5/29.

Ben

Daniel A Sadler said:

Ok sounds like 5/29 it is! I’ll send you the address out to any one that would like to come.

May 29th (Sat) 11:00Am
We will BBQ. I have a large grill.
You are welcome to bring family and friends. We just ask to RSVP first.

I will try and cover the cost of the main dish (ribs and chicken) corn with drinks. If you are a none meet eater bring you veggis for the grill. I’m going to ask for every one to bring a Desserts or other sides that they would like to shaire with every one

Sounds great! I will see how many people from Lufkin can go, and let you know by the first of May.

Daniel A Sadler said:

May 29th (Sat) 11:00Am
We will BBQ. I have a large grill.
You are welcome to bring family and friends. We just ask to RSVP first.

I will try and cover the cost of the main dish (ribs and chicken) corn with drinks. If you are a none meet eater bring you veggis for the grill. I’m going to ask for every one to bring a Desserts or other sides that they would like to shaire with every one

That sounds great! We’re from Humble, TX. My husband works nights and I told him you NEED to take off the night before (He’s AVM surv.) we’ve got to go!

That’s great Rebecca. Can’t wait to meet you and your husband!

Rebeca said:

That sounds great! We’re from Humble, TX. My husband works nights and I told him you NEED to take off the night before (He’s AVM surv.) we’ve got to go!

Looks like we will have a good time ! I may even have my car finish before you guys get here !

WOOHOO Daniel, can’t wait to see your BMW!

Daniel A Sadler said:

Looks like we will have a good time ! I may even have my car finish before you guys get here !

RSVP on this link.
http://www.avmsurvivors.org/events/texas-avm

Hi, I am new to the site but yes I do live in Houston and I just found out that I have an AVM right now I am off work from getting out of the hospital and in three weeks I go back to the doctor to decide when my first embolization will be done and if my body is ready for the procedure. I have been reading the site most of the day and I understand why I have been feeling the way I do so let’s do stay in touch. Sheree

Sheree, we are so glad you found the website. We are having a BBQ on Sat. May 29th in Houston and would love for you to join us. If you go to the home page of the website, and look on the right hand column, you will see “AVM Texas”. Click onto it and it will have the directions to Daniel’s house.Hope you can join us!

Daniel, before I send a community wide reminder, everything still on for bbq May 29?

I have a lot of car work to finish so I have not been on much the past few weeks.
If any one need to call me
832-■■■■■■■■

WOW totaly cool!

Caryn Dupree said:

Daniel, I live in Lufkin, 2 hours North of Houston. Maybe we can get together in the spring and meet. I just read your story. You are so lucky to have made it that long. I didn’t go into details with the beggining of my story,but I’m gonna tell you. I was 15 yrs old,went to school having a headache, 3rd period P.E. I was having chest pains and pain in my left arm. 4th period I passed out on the desk. My brother and his wife came and got me and took me to the ER. I was in a semi-coma. Could not speak clearly. The doctor comes in and the nurse said I told her I didn’t go to school that day,and someone gave me something. I couldn’t talk so my brother knew I didn’t say that. They pumped by stomach out and gave me an injection for overdose. Sent me home 5 hours later-still couldn’t talk. Began vomitting that night,parents took me back and demanded CT. By this time the AVM had already ruptured. Told me parents I wouldn’t make it to Houston. Doctor in Houston said that injection should have killed me instantly,but the aneurysm had been leaking and must have closed up and then ruptured that night. God was not ready to take us yet- so glad you’ve had a good recovery.

Hi Daniel. I moved from Houston in July, but will return in June to the Sugarland/Mo. City area. I can write you when I return to town if you’d like to me. I had 2 AVM’s, 3 years apart and received treatment at The Methodist Hospital. Received great care, but lost my insurance last year. I need to have the Gamma Knife done so I try to take things as easy as possible. Not always easy in the big city, is it? Hope all is well with you.

Vicki it would be nice to meet up. We live close to IHA and our door is all ways open if you need a place to stay when you need to stay in Hosuton. We have two ext. beds and two pull out bed lots of room here.

832-■■■■■■■■