Any one live in the Houston area?

Just asking if any one else lives in Houston. Would be nice to meet some else face to face that has an AVM as well.

Daniel, I live in Lufkin, 2 hours North of Houston. Maybe we can get together in the spring and meet. I just read your story. You are so lucky to have made it that long. I didn’t go into details with the beggining of my story,but I’m gonna tell you. I was 15 yrs old,went to school having a headache, 3rd period P.E. I was having chest pains and pain in my left arm. 4th period I passed out on the desk. My brother and his wife came and got me and took me to the ER. I was in a semi-coma. Could not speak clearly. The doctor comes in and the nurse said I told her I didn’t go to school that day,and someone gave me something. I couldn’t talk so my brother knew I didn’t say that. They pumped by stomach out and gave me an injection for overdose. Sent me home 5 hours later-still couldn’t talk. Began vomitting that night,parents took me back and demanded CT. By this time the AVM had already ruptured. Told me parents I wouldn’t make it to Houston. Doctor in Houston said that injection should have killed me instantly,but the aneurysm had been leaking and must have closed up and then ruptured that night. God was not ready to take us yet- so glad you’ve had a good recovery.

Cool thanks for adding me as well.
It would be cool to meet up some time. I added every one that lives in the Texas area. Maybe we can all meet up some time. We live on the north side of Houston I 45 and 1960 west.

How many are from Texas? Most of the ones I’ve added are from outside of the U.S.

I bet we could find out fast if the post was A&M and UT are now form school called UA&MT. :slight_smile: Ok bad joke. I have come a cross about 5 people now.

OK- Let me know when we can all get together.

Daniel A Sadler said:

I bet we could find out fast if the post was A&M and UT are now form school called UA&MT. :slight_smile: Ok bad joke. I have come a cross about 5 people now.

I’m in Baytown, would love to meet up sometime…

That sounds great.Let’s plan on it!

James Larken Smith said:

I’m in Baytown, would love to meet up sometime…

Great idea! You can also do a member search - advanced and search by location to find others in Houston.

http://www.avmsurvivors.org/profiles/members/search?location=houston

Try this and Woodlands, Spring, Baytown, Katy, etc…

thanks Ben! Hey did you see the pic of my car I put up?

Ok lets see if we can start setting up a time to meet up. I will not be able to do a hole lot untill after the last weekend in April. So some time in May or after is good for me.

May sounds good to me!

Daniel A Sadler said:

Ok lets see if we can start setting up a time to meet up. I will not be able to do a hole lot untill after the last weekend in April. So some time in May or after is good for me.

l live near Barker-Cypress and FM529 and would love to meet up with others.

m52M

Caryn Dupree said:

May sounds good to me!

Daniel A Sadler said:

Juli, that’s great. Is Barker-Cypress of I45? I have a friend that lives in Cypress. Maybe before May we can get 10 people together. Keep in contact w/us.

I would like to let you guys know that every year we have a big Formula 1 party here at our house! You guys are welcome to come! I wish I had given you guys more notice but it had slipped my mind.

It will be on 3/14/10 and it starts at 12:30am Hosuton time.
Bring your owen food to be grilled and drinks. We provide the sides.

Caryn Dupree said:

Juli, that’s great. Is Barker-Cypress of I45? I have a friend that lives in Cypress. Maybe before May we can get 10 people together. Keep in contact w/us.

Thanks for the invitation! Don’t really know what we have planned that day,but I have your number if we decide to come.

Daniel A Sadler said:

I would like to let you guys know that every year we have a big Formula 1 party here at our house! You guys are welcome to come! I wish I had given you guys more notice but it had slipped my mind.

It will be on 3/14/10 and it starts at 12:30am Hosuton time.
Bring your owen food to be grilled and drinks. We provide the sides.

Hello every one! Ok I’m willing to host a meet at my house. I’ll nail down the time some time in the next week or so. If my car is not back in the next 3 weeks then I’m thinking April 24 but I need to talk to my wife before I set this in stone. I have a large grill to BBQ on and a good size TV. Well you are here I can check your car for problems as well :slight_smile: lol.

Sounds good-keep me posted. We can all bring something.

Daniel A Sadler said:

Hello every one! Ok I’m willing to host a meet at my house. I’ll nail down the time some time in the next week or so. If my car is not back in the next 3 weeks then I’m thinking April 24 but I need to talk to my wife before I set this in stone. I have a large grill to BBQ on and a good size TV. Well you are here I can check your car for problems as well :slight_smile: lol.