Any dr recommendations at Johns Hopkins and/or others in the mid-Atlantic region?

Hello to all,

I am in Washington, DC and have been consulting with a medical team (neurologist, neurosurgeon, radiologist) at Georgetown University Hospital on my left frontal AVM diagnosed a few months back, but am interested in getting a second opinion, likely at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Wondering if anyone with experience there would have a recommendation of a specific doctor to see? I am thinking either neurologist or neurosurgeon, but maybe both or all three specialties.

Any other suggestions in the mid-Atlantic region of the US would also be welcomed!

Thanks so much.

Many many years ago, my wife and I rented our first place from a doctor who is now at NIH. I don’t know if he would remember me and I don’t know if he’d be of the position of making referrals (he’s HEAVY into research) but if you would like me to try, let me know…

Our time at Hopkins was pediatric but I believe the Neuro Interventional Radiologist we worked with does both adult and pediatric and he was outstanding – Dr. Gailloud. If embolization is an option see if he would be part of the team.

We also found all the clinicians excellent – Neuro, ICU, nurses, etc – but again we were pediatric so don’t have first hand experience with things on the adult side.

Best of luck!

Hi! I don’t have any recommendations as I too am working with Georgetown University neurosurgeons on a recently diagnosed AVM as well. Have you had any luck on any other local-ish recommendations?