Any advice?

I went to a neurosurgeon because I had a seizure. He said that the MRI showed an abnormal cluster of blood vessels and then he said that it could be a “blib” in the machine said I needed another MRI & a MRA (one w/contrast) I’m nervouse about the implications and I’m wondering if it could just have been a machine malfunction. Has that happened to anyone else - ever?

Hi Yvonne. While I’ve never experienced that myself, it’s certainly not far’fetched for the neurosurgeon to think that your pictures were compromised during the MRI procedure… but that’s why they want to test again. I’m sorry to hear about your seizure. The MRI and MRA will definitely clear things up for you.

I hope things go well with you…take care

♪ Louisa ♪

The GOLD STANDARD for AVMs and ANEURYSMs is ANGIOGRAM.After MRI you probably will go under Angio unless your doctor make sure that it is not related to brain vessels.

I hate to say this but if he saw something on the MRI, it probably is “something”. Our doctor said he saw “something” on my son’s original CAT scan. I was CONVINCED it was “nothing” and I had a big surprise when the doctor said, AVM. Why don’t you ask to see the MRI and get him to explain what it is that he sees. You have a right to see it. Until then, be glad that you had the seizure to alert them to any potential problem. Sounds crazy, right? But you have to be thankful for anything that you can, if you do have an AVM.
Let us know what is happening next for you. We all hope that you won’t “need” our group of course, but if you do, we are here for you.

thanks Joy

Joy said:

I hate to say this but if he saw something on the MRI, it probably is “something”. Our doctor said he saw “something” on my son’s original CAT scan. I was CONVINCED it was “nothing” and I had a big surprise when the doctor said, AVM. Why don’t you ask to see the MRI and get him to explain what it is that he sees. You have a right to see it. Until then, be glad that you had the seizure to alert them to any potential problem. Sounds crazy, right? But you have to be thankful for anything that you can, if you do have an AVM.
Let us know what is happening next for you. We all hope that you won’t “need” our group of course, but if you do, we are here for you.

He probably was not sure what he saw, the best way to find out is an Angio, any other scan is not detailed enough