Answers to all who wrote me

Sorry for not answering all of you who welcomed me and posted a message to me. I hope most of you understand but if not I'am sorry. I was set for a angigram and called it off for awhile due to nightmares and bad head aches. For the last few years my head aches had gone down but now they are getting worse. Even though my AVM is only 2 cm on the left and 1 1/2 on the right they really hurt at times. The problem Iam having is that people that know nothing of AVM's don,t get it. I'm sure that I'm not the only one whose head aches get worse when their blood pressure goes up because I got upset or let us say mad at dumb things. Ok no more rantting for now.
But hi all.

You are right - people who never experienced what we have and/or what we go through, just don't get it. The only reason my closest friends and my family have an understanding of it is because, they each had a turn rushing me to the hospital while I was having a siezure (I get gran-mals). That's the only reason they get it. Until a friend has seen us at our worst, they really don't understand it.

I understand how they feel though. It's pretty simple when you think about it. We don't see a person's illness... we only can see how it effects them. Or.. what effects it has on them. I don't get discouraged by it because, I know who my "true frineds" are now. Thankfully, many of them have stucked by me through this. Some of them didn't. To me - that's just the way it goes.

I hope yopu feel better soon. For what it's worth - I use ice-packs on my forehead and the back of my neck to help lower my headaches. It works pretty well for me.

Ben