Angiogram

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I am supposed to go in for my first angiogram on Tuesday. I was wondering how long everyone was out of work for when they went in. Thanks
Ashley

I had angio done on Thursday and was back at work on following Monday.

Thanks. Was anyone able to return to work with in the next day or two? Or do the doctors tell you not to? I feel so in the dark...

I had one on Friday morning went back on Monday it’s not to bad just ur groin part is sensitive

I recently had my first angio as well. I had it on a Monday and I went back to work the following Monday. You want to give yourself plenty of time to rest and not strain yourself. I was really worries about it but I promise it was not as bad as I thought. It is over quickly. I actually found it amaazing that they are able to go up in our brain with us awake. They will give you medicine that makes you not feel any pain. Good luck with everything.

Mine was originally scheduled for a Thursday & I had planned to take Thursday & Friday off & return on Monday. It was rescheduled to Friday. I was back at work on Monday.

Hi Ashley,

This probably covers what you already know, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case... If you're a candidate for embolization, the doctor will prefer to do that at the same time as the angiogram. They use the angiogram to see whether an embo is a good idea, and instead of withdrawing the catheter and putting you through the whole thing again, they proceed to the embo, if you've given permission for that beforehand. Your doc would definitely have mentioned it if this is the case for you; I know that some details slip through when you're trying to take all this in, so I just wanted to mention that if you're having an angio/embo, you should expect to be out of work longer.

JH