Angiogram

Hello all it’s Chloe
Well I had the call it’s time for my angiogram in January 2023 to see if this AVM is gone .
I am so nervous even though this will be number 4 for me it never gets easy . I had the angiogram in 2021 so it’s time for me to get the angiogram and I had the radiation in March of 2022 .
So please hope and pray this is gone . All I want to hear is this is gone !

3 Likes

Hi Chloe, I doubt angiograms ever get easy. Hopefully whatever you get is favorable. And hopefully you’re taking care of yourself emotionally as in trying to be positive and do and say positive things. May 2023 be a great year for you! Greg

@Chloe

Hello! It’s great to hear from you and I’m wishing you all the best!

My understanding of radiotherapy is that it is quite a slow treatment (like VERY slow tbh) and I’m not sure you’ll get the positive news you’re looking for after this angiogram. I get the impression that progress for the first year can be practically immeasurable.

So… my message of encouragement is that it will be working its way incrementally in the background. It will be doing its thing. But likely there will be longer to go before the AVM is occluded. Don’t lose heart but know that we are all here, with you, willing it to carry on in the right direction.

Very best wishes,

Richard

Hello
98 percent of it was embolized the 2 percent left has radiation. So I’m just hoping the 98 percent is gone I can deal with having to wait for the 2 percent .
But thank you for the kind words as always :blush:

1 Like

Great to have the date, and although it is an angiogram, it is certainly to look forward to! Having it done at least, perhaps not the actual angio! I am hoping for the positive news, the 98 % confirmation and anything beyond that at this point would be fantastic! Take Care, John.

I think I’m getting old! I’m finding it less easy to follow who had what done!

I hope it goes well and if it does take much less time to close off the tiny residue you had, I’ll be fascinated to learn. Good luck!

Richard

Hahah you’re not getting old there is a lot of people you respond to always positivity.

Thank you everyone for the feedback and positive wishes I can’t wait to get it over with .

1 Like

Hey Chloe,

Best of luck with everything I have been through 2 myself now.

I had my radiotherapy in August this year at Sheffield, UK

The only advice I could maybe give you is too look at how far you’ve come you’ve done the hardest part which was the radiotherapy and all the stages before now your just progressing through the timeline and getting checked.

It also helps me to remember that any form of something going wrong is very small with an angio

Best of luck with everything again!