Angiogram and Embolization

Two days ago I had an Angiogram done and they embolized two arteries. I’m now spotting…is this normal? Should I still be bleeding?
Thanks

Bleeding is not normal.I really think you need to call your doctor.

Hello Goldfish
Where is the location of your AVM? Where are you spotting? Any bleeding from the place where you were cut for the angiogram and embolism and its bleeding you need to call your doctor or go to emergency-
My paperwork had a number to call if anything like bleeding etc happened and my doctor gave me his cell phone.
Angela

I have a uterine AVM. I just called the doctor, and he said as long as the bleeding isn’t heavy it’s ok. Thanks for responding.

Hello Goldfish
Glad you called the doctor and he said it was okay. Hopefully it stops soon. Make sure you are not doing too much and getting lots of rest!
Angela

After embolizing both my uterine arteries I spotted for a few days immediately after; but anything getting worse than spotting needs to be treated --- by a Dr familiar with AVMs and uterine AVMs. Seems like there can be a tendancy to treat the embolization exactly as if it were for embolizing a fibroid, and in that case there can be more bleeding as the fibroid dies away. That is normal. For an AVM it is not ... Best wishes, AngelaH

Hi Goldfish I have an artery mobilisation done to my uterus and I also had spotting…how are you doing now.