Angio results

Wishing you and your daughter all the best.
My daughters avm was removed when she was 4 months old. She was going for annual mri and when she was 6 we found out that it had regenerated.
It was untreatable until this year. She is now 14.5 and we are going to the US next month to consult and treat at barrows.

2 Likes

Awwww thank you for your kind words. I am so sorry you are still going through this nightmare. Did they say why your daughters had returned? Had they missed any during first surgery? Its good to know that it can be now treated, i have heard such positive things about Barrow.

I send you love and best wishes.

Sarah x

It was 100% obliterated when she was a baby.
In all the previous mri there were no indications.
But once it returned it was more complicated than the first time.

Hi, great news! I would stick with the expert dr’s orders. If anything happens they will adjust the orders, ya know? As for the rx, try what your dr recommends first. The side effects are different for everyone and the dr knows what kind of seizures each medicine is best for. It can always be adjusted or changed if needed. My daughter was on keppra and zonisamide at same time for awhile and keppra was the magic drug for her to control it. But dont be afraid to stand up for your child if behavior/mood swings are too much to handle. Good luck!