Aneurism and AVM repair

Hi, I had flu like symptoms for three days. Found I had very high blood pressure and went to the ER. I was told that I had had a stroke. I apparently had an aneurism and an AVM, both in my cerebellum. The only symptom I had so far was nausea and a balance problem. Five days later, the aneurism was clipped and the AVM was repaired. I stayed in the hospital another 4 days and then came home. Two months later, my surgery site is pretty much healed and overall I feel ok. The only problem is that I am very dizzy. Sometimes to the point of nausea and vomiting. I have tried all drugs. Zofran, Compazine and Bonine. None help. I do have some descent days whee I can function normal. just slowly, Now, here is the question. Does anybody know about how long it will take for my cerebellum to get over the trauma? When I walk, I look like I am drunk. I wouldn't attempt driving. Can anybody give me an idea of what to expect, time wise? Thank you.

You may wish to post this discussion on our Cerebellar avm group, Howard -- just click on "Groups" at the top of the page to find it. There is a treatment for dizziness called vestibular rehabilitation therapy: you can read about it at http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/treatment

I don't know how effective it may be for cerebellar avmers.