Am I strong enough to do this?

This is definitely my year to meet at the doctors I possibly can. I was diagnosed with my AVM about 3 weeks ago and I’m going on almost 2 weeks of waiting to hear if the neurosurgeon I want to see will even treat me. I’m starting to realize this kind of journey is a whole lot of waiting for most of us.

I wish that was the only health issue I had to worry about… Not only am I also still newly diagnosed and learning to manage my diabetes, I have had hypothyroidism since my teens. After meeting with an endocrinologist for the first time he noticed abnormalities while feeling my thyroid, so yesterday they did an ultrasound on it. I am trying to hold it all together, but the findings on the report indicate that they will need to biopsy my thyroid because it looks like I have cancer.

I have always been in good health… Now in the span of 4 months I’m facing 3 different, serious, life - altering diagnoses. I just needed to put it all down in words because half of the time I can’t believe this is really my life right now. Thanks for having this safe space to do so.

2 Likes

Andrea,

I’m sure you are. You’ve got a lot going on and it sounds like you’re going to need to be strong but I’ll tell you what: you’ll find out who your real friends are.

We’re going to be here, across the globe, with you as much as you need. Tell us how you feel. Tell us when stuff’s going well. Tell us when stuff’s not going well and we’ll be here to listen, talk, send positive thoughts or pray, as you need. OK? It’s what we are all here for, and it’s the least we can do.

You are a survivor. You’re one of us.

Welcome! And very best wishes,

Richard

2 Likes

Hi Andrea, great you’re here with all of us! You most certainly are strong enough, and you now have this whole community beside you, and in your corner as needed! Take Care, John

1 Like

Andrea, Sound like you have a lot to think about and this is hard at night when in bed etc , I know the feeling, These are things that keep you aware and make you cry with the sheer weight of them !, But trust that you WILL be fine !, When you start to get upset and even a little angry just give yourself a little shake and know you will be ok. If you really push this each and every time any negative thought comes to mind you can change the way you think sure it takes a long time and hard work but both you have :slight_smile: , I did it and am now a much stronger person, nothing really phases me or bothers me that much as I’m happy to have come though such hard times so well. you can do the same, Take care and know you’ll be fine :slight_smile: .

Martin.

Annie… hi! Is Ogden in Canada, or the U.S., or elsewhere in the world? Eb.

Ogden is in Utah in the U.S.

Hi Anniebc!
We know how you’re feeling right now, believe it or not, most of us on this site have been right there. But you still need to put one foot in front of the other for YOU! Your strength is coming from within, driving you on! You are SO much stronger than you’re thinking right now, but you are STRONGER and will continue to get even STRONGER! This is just a speedbump in the road of life.