Hi all , first off I am so thankful to have found a site like this , the internet can be so amazing. I am starting to think I am the rarest of the rarest. In May of 2015 only a few weeks after getting married I found out I was pregnant , which turned out to be a molar pregnancy (there’s a forum for those too!) 2 d&cs later , the invasive tissue spread to my lungs , I completed chemo in December of 2015. Soon after finding out I am highly allergic to methotrexate (the chemo I was receiveing) go figure. Was given the green light after a year of follow ups with my oncologist to get pregnant again .
June 2017 I had an ultrasound at 7weeks because of my history they wanted to be proactive. The baby turned out to be a blighted ovam. That’s when they found the uavm. 3 more ultrasounds and no passing naturally of the pregnancy product they sent me up for an MRI. The gyny wouldn’t touch me with a ten foot pole for another d&c said I would absolutely hemmorage resulting in an emergency hysterectomy. They administered the miscarriage drug and it was a hurry up and wait with a team of radiologists and doctors and nurses in stand by. All went well.
I just had a consult with an intervenial radiologist two days ago . He presented me with options. Option one:do nothing , get pregnant hemmorage and die; or eventually die of heart failure because of the blood going directly to it constantly . Option 2 : hysterectomy. I’m 29 years old if I could avoid that I think I will but that option feels like the easy way out. Option 3: have the embolization done. My problem with option three is they didn’t have any concrete scenarios to present me and they won’t know how it’s going to play out until they’re in there. The embolization materials could get away from them and go straight to my lungs, resulting in eventual death. Or up to my brain resulting in stroke. They don’t know if it’s a nest of veins or one massive one. They don’t know what kind of material they’ll use until they’re in there. It’s not guaranteed to work . I’m terrified and confused if I should even do it. He told me these things don’t just go away but I’ve read in a few other posts some have . My other issue is i have no symptoms whats so ever … no bleeding no cramping. Mind you i havent had a regular period yet . Not sure when that is even supposed to happen. No one seems to have the answer for that .
Has there ever been an alternative treatment , some naturopath treatment or something ? I feel with my luck , anything that can to wrong will.
Any insight is appreciated, feeling in the dark.