Aloha!

I just signed up and want to share my thing.

My AVM is postcentral on the right half of the brain and about 4x4x4 cm with three feeders. It didn't bleed so far, knock on wood. Anyways, I'm suffering of migraine and I'm hearing a constant noise which is getting worse and worse in the last couple of month.

Discovery was sheer luck; I was complaining about headaches, a numb right thumb and pain in my neck. So first everyone was looking for a slipped disc in the neck. MRT, no real result, neck and the discs are kinda OK. Then my Neuroligist just went for another MRT, although he was quite certain my headache is a classical migraine.

And then they found this alien.

Went to Duiburg-Wedau, they proposed 3 or more embolizations. Then I went to the University of Düsseldorf, who told me "as it is, surgery is not possible due to eloquent location, we need to embolize 2 or 3 times, with a surgery following up".

With these results I called up Duisburg again, just to learn that they don'r exactly like my health-plan, but I could get an appointment for consultation in 6 weeks.

So on Monday I went to Marburg. On Wednesday they had their AVM jour-fix and hopefully they talked about everything to give me proper advice.

My headaches and buzzing noises are getting worse and worse and I hope that everything is sorted out pretty soon. I'm afraid, in 3 or 4 months time, I'll become non-functional: The pain and the noise in my head will be that hard at that point, that I won't be able to manage work or life.

Hope you're all well!
Cheers, Alex.

I wish you the best of luck with your treatment, Alex. Make sure to check out our Europe group: http://www.avmsurvivors.org/group/europeavmsurvivors