All the AVM symptoms but no diagnosis yet

Gill, Donna,

Well, I had my angiogram today with a bit of vasovagal syncope thrown in just to put the wind up the consultant interventional radiologist (which worked a treat). I’ve got a bit of fullness of my left ear and maybe a bit on my right, bit of dizziness, head pressure and the initial response to my angiogram today was “nothing obvious”. The consultant said he would look at the images again later this week and go through with a fine-toothed comb, so to speak, to see if he could see a cause. So I have to wait a little, probably a couple of weeks or so for his letter.

Meanwhile, the good news has to be “nothing obvious” = “nothing significant”, surely, so I think I can carry on life without worrying too much. He did say he would review the outcomes with the wider neuro team next week, so maybe if a bit of ENT work is required, that might come out of that meeting.

Another clue perhaps that I am better than I was last year is my head feels quite headachy tonight, due to the contrast material. I think last year when I had my embolisation my head felt poorly enough to blame on the glue but when I had a check up angio in May, maybe my head was still getting a bit better that I don’t remember it feeling as rough as today! So my normal state must be better than this time last year.

Very best wishes

Richard

1 Like