Quantcast

Acupuncture

Hi all
Has anyone had acupuncture for loss of use of right side of body following rupture of avm and if so was there improvement
Thankyou jenny

I haven’t tried acupuncture but there is certainly a lot of information associated to treatment. I googles it and found a pile of articles, couple of examples attached, really interesting?

https://www.pacificcollege.edu/news/.../can-acupuncture-really-benefit-stroke-recovery

www.medicalacupuncture.org/For...Acupuncture/Acupuncture-in-Stroke-Treatment

Thankyou
We are going to give it a go
If it doesn’t help it won’t hurt either and who knows it might improve my daughters lack of feeling and movement in her right side
Regards jenny

I was completely paralyzed on my right side for a month. Had physical therapy for several months to get it back to working. One trick was electroshock to function my right leg and arm. It works but it felt weird.

I tried it but it didn’t help for the pain. Helps for relaxation though

I tried acupuncture after my AVM burst, but for different reasons than you would have it. My AVM was on the cerebellum, so I was sick and dizzy. I had no appetite, and had a hard time keeping food down. I don’t think it helped, but it may have. It is difficult to tell if something caused an improvement or the improvement was going to happen anyway, but I don’t think it did.
However, I enjoyed going there and getting the treatment. It was certainly good for me to get out of the house. Even though I don’t think it helped me, I recommend trying it. If you can research the people before hand, and get testimony from those who got acupuncture there, that can only help you choose the right place to get the treatment.