A year of reflection

Well here I am at the end of the year and things have been really crazy.. I have lost my sister to lung cancer in June, my brother to liver cancer in October , and praying that my daughter Erin will begin to see some light at the end of the tunnel with her avm.. Reflecting back on everything that has happen this year I can only wonder what the year ahead holds for me.. Is the end of the year not a time of reflection and yet also a time of hope for the future? Erin has been in and out of the hospital all year, from brain bleeds to meinigitis, to surgerys, anograms, lp, blood work, ct's, mri's and then recovery times before the next procedure.. Young she is, yet the last year has been so hard on her. She has been in 5 hospitals this year some of them, more than once. Through it all she has tried to be strong and maintain her since of humor. Our last visit to the doctor was hopeful and we are looking forward to her next surgery.. The last surgery envolved the placement of a clamp on her avm feeder vein to slow down the bleeds, so now we wait again for the recovery process to be complete so she can again have another gamma knife treatment. As I said in the beginnig this has been a crazy year and my losts and pains are many, yet there has been good things to come from all the bad, I have had an opportunity to be blessed with some of the best friends I can ever remember having, my friends on the AVM Survivors Network. All have supported me when I felt I was going to fold up, they have been there to advise me and console me when I was at a totally lost, their prayers have strengthen me when I was weak, but most of all they have reached out to me across states, nations and the internet to be my friends and at the end of the day, the end of the week are the end of a year is it the most wonderful thing to reflect back and see all the family, friends and love you have in your life.. I pray that the coming year will give me the blessings that this year has given me. The blessing of family, friendship and hope for a better year ahead. Thanks to all who have been there for me, you know who you are, and I love you all. Happy Holidays To All, Dianna

I’m so happy to hear from you, Dianna! I’m glad to hear that things are going better for Erin. I know that next year has got to be a better one for your family!

I’ve missed our midnight chats. lol Are you back home now?

Love, Connie

miss you too gf… i too miss the midnight chats… we need to get bck to our old habit soon.
love dianna

were has everyone gone???

We have lots of new faces…our family has really grown! Some of the older members don’t come on as often as they used to. I also think a lot of people may be away for the holidays.

dianna,
i hope next year is full of health and happieness for you and your family…love and best wishes for a wonderful year ahead…Alicia xxxx

Dear Dianna, I am so happy you are back. I missed you. I know things were not so good last year and I am sorry for your sister and brother. You and Erin were always on my mind and prayers. Yes, 2009 will be a better year! Lots of love.