A strange question

Every so often I get these spells were it almost feels like I am on a moving back and forth really fast (sort of like a boat only faster). They last for about half of a day. I was just wondering if it was due to the AVM or what. It feels as though my head is moving back and forth but I don’t think it is. It’s kind of like being dizzy but slightly different. I’m not sure if I’m describing it right but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this. I have not had any procedures done so I know it is not a side effect of any of those but maybe the AVM. Let me know.
Thanks,
Alyssa

i had that feeling in the beginning not sure if it was before or after some of my treatments. It sucked b/c it also gave me nausea. Sorry if this doesn’t help but my just went away. Hope that it goes away for you as well!

It is like a boat but usually rocks back and forth really fast. It is probably the same thing. It is very scary, I wonder if it is related to the AVM since it seems a few of us have similar symptoms.

Toni Yeomans said:

I’ve wondered if this was because of AVMs too, I know exactly what you are talking about though. The little episodes I’ve had with this never lasted as long as yours did but freaked me out. Are you talking about a sort of rocking sensation? That’s what I get which is what I’m thinking you mean by the boat thing.

I’ve also experienced similar dizzy/rocking type spells. Seems to happen when I have been sitting for too long…but sometimes just when I’m sitting relaxing I can feel strange. I had Proton Radiosurgery last week and don’t know if it’s a side effect from that…Sorry I can’t be of much help, but maybe knowing your not alone helps somewhat…

Hey Alyssa. Ive had the same sensation many times since my AVM went. You described it well. Bizarre experience isnt it?

Hey Alyssa,
I’ve had the same sensations since being diagnosed. It feels like I’m underwater sometimes and then there’s a sort of whooshing sound in my ears. Also it’ll feel as if I’m unsteady on my feet…
I haven’t undergone any treatments up until now but I strongly suggest talking to your doctor because everyone’s different. My doc wants me to undergo additional testing on the 7th to make sure my AVM isn’t feeding from another direction. Good luck and please talk to your doctor.
Best wishes

Thanks, I JUST found out who my doctor is and now I’m waiting for an appointment. Hopefully it is soon! I have soo many questions!
Alyssa

Jessica Ables said:

Hey Alyssa,
I’ve had the same sensations since being diagnosed. It feels like I’m underwater sometimes and then there’s a sort of whooshing sound in my ears. Also it’ll feel as if I’m unsteady on my feet…

I haven’t undergone any treatments up until now but I strongly suggest talking to your doctor because everyone’s different. My doc wants me to undergo additional testing on the 7th to make sure my AVM isn’t feeding from another direction. Good luck and please talk to your doctor.

Best wishes

I, too, sometimes get very strange feelings/sensations of sort of a combination of dizziness/swimming in my head. It mostly happens when I’m sitting, and often when I move or turn my head.

It’s a very bizarre, kind of creepy feeling. shudder

I have something similar to this. I get the nausea feeling and like my head is in a bubble (sort of like after you get off an airplane). For me, these feelings were precursors for my grand mal. I am on anti-convulsants, but still occassionally get these sensations.

When I first started with those episodes. My dr. said it was from the avm, that the brain may have some swelling. It’s a type of vertigo. I was told to bed rest for a day or two. After that I was fine. Even to this day when I get like that, I know I need to lay down for a while. Sometimes the avm swells, some times its the fluid in the brain. Either way, rest. It usually will balance out on its own.