A Little Humor

Until yesterday, the last time I had a medical person put anything in my body(besides for pills) was January 30, 2018 when the most recent Embolization was done that reduced the risk of a brain bleed but shot the rest of my life to pieces.

I didn’t realize how traumatizing that was until I got the call from my neuro doc wanting to do Botox injections but at the same time my wife (RN) and daughter (NP) were both urging me to get a flu shot. I kept putting them off and putting them off.

Well, finally, yesterday, I went and did the flu shot. And guess what!@

Because of the nerve damage in my left neck, shoulder and arms, I DID NOT FEEL A THING!

The pharmacist who gave me the shot looked at me like I was weird when I told him that it didn’t hurt, but it didn’t at all.

So, a small bright side - except for my 17 year old - she had to get one too - and she was not happy that hers hurt and mine didn’t. But then again, she’s a teenager.

So, I’m enjoying my non-sore shoulder day today - with my headache, and all of the rest of my issues…

TJ

2 Likes

I have a bit of an odd pain threshold and being a male have to brag about it once it a while. I got the shingrix shingles vaccine yesterday…I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. I am one of those people who never experience side effects of medicine, until now! So, I’m on your daughters side here! Take Care, and thanks for the post, it certainly lightened my day.

1 Like

It’s always good to be able to find positivity, even in small, ordinary things. This is celebration of life, I think. Well done :slight_smile: Richard

take the little victories; I’m glad you can still smile about some of this… sometimes laughing about the situation is the best cure…

The same thing happened to me!!
I didn’t feel the flu shot :slight_smile: I was extremely nervous because I got it on my bad arm but alas it was a hidden blessing lol!

1 Like