8 Months Since AVM Bleed - Don't Give Up! (The Full Story)

(I do not claim music rights - music by Aaron Cole :notes:)

This is the full story (to the best of recollection) of my brain avm/brain aneurysm rupture experience.

I am now 8 months post-surgery and it comes with a new normal + new challenges, but to be a survivor is a blessing!! You have a purpose!!

I’m grateful to be alive to share my story with you. Whether just finding out or in recovery from this, I hope it helps someone out there! Feel free to comment + share + ask questions + chat if you’d like! :pray:t5::star2::balloon::brain:

16 Likes

You could not have said it better. I am so very happy for you. I had a very similar experience 7 years ago. Although it took me a bit longer to get close to normal, your words are my feelings exactly. Like you, I continue to realize i could never have done it alone. Family and friends got me through it and I will be forever grateful. I sincerely hope you have a beautiful happy life.

5 Likes

Howard, I pray and hope the same for you as well. We definitely need each other in times like these! :balloon::brain::heart:

3 Likes

Nicely done! You’re looking very well.

2 Likes

Thanks Dick! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story. You are strong and inspiring! With anybody going through an AVM or any struggle in life, we must find it in our soul to hold fast hope. Your heart and character inhibits so much positivity and love! Cheers!

5 Likes

Your story is amazing! I had AVM rupture last year October 26, very similar story. You look great! I still haven’t recovered completely, but I’m getting so close!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing! Hearing these stories from others is one of the most comforting things, honestly. I’m not where I used to be, but I’ve made tremendous progress!!! :blush:

3 Likes

Your story is amazing and you couldn’t have summed it up any better. You are looking so well. God bless. We are all here for you. Continue staying positive. X :pray::blush::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! That means so much to me!! :smiley:

2 Likes

WOW! You are young, brave, beautiful and well on your way to recovery! Your story is almost identical to mine! My AVM in my Cerebellum ruptured 6 years ago and My balance is still shaky sometimes so I would never dare to venture out on a walk by myself! I am a lot older that you and still your story gives me renewed hope. I offer you my magic healing potent … (P&P) Prayer & Patience, which has guided my AVM journey. Wishing you all the best.

Sharon D…

4 Likes

Thank you for doing this video. I haven’t bled but I recently learned I do have an AVM. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to hear you talking and see you moving your arms, skipping (!), etc. You will be an inspiration in my journey!

2 Likes

I am so glad to hear you are well!!! I want people to know that even though this journey was hard, you can still get through it. I am happy to answer any questions you have or help in any way!

Best wishes and God bless!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I did the same june 16, 2021 I am 54 years old and I feel so alone and will never give up. I would love to learn ho to make a youtube video also. I am only 3 month into recovery but also have an amazing testemony to give. Praise GOD! It’s all real! Blessed to have survived to still be here for my 3 grand daughters

1 Like

@reallygeekin - this is amazing! I love that you shared your story this way. I also experienced an AVM rupture and hemorrhagic stroke and ultimately a craniotomy (then a second one) back in Dec. of 2020. Our stories sound pretty similar. Only, I missed out on the helicopter transport and instead I got the speedy, lights on ambulance ride :slight_smile: I really want to thank you for speaking your journey out loud. It felt so meaningful to me to hear your description and connect my experience through your narrative. I feel you on appreciating every day and working on recovery - it’s really rewarding to pass milestones, gain back new skills and progress. And on the days where none of that happens, it’s such an important reminder, like you said, that we’re not alone and we have one another. Much love!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing and hope all is well on your journey… God bless!

1 Like

It’s been awhile since I’ve been up here, but yes, God is GOOD!! If you have a YouTube account (and some patience) you can upload a video right from your phone. I pray you continue to have a blessed and speedy recovery!

You’re welcome! Remembering the isolation of it all makes me want to make sure no feels alone surviving this. Yes, keep track of your milestones and celebrate even the small things! Remember that you are here for a reason, regardless of whether you know why yet. You matter. The world needs YOU!! <3

You’re welcome! Thank you for being here! :grin:

1 Like