8-26-2010

Well I just received the dreaded call from Kenzies neurologist. Seems that my nightmare is coming true. She has a large AVM in the vision center in her brain. The neurosurgeon says that he will have to go in multiple different dates to clamp areas off. After that he will go in and cut out any remaining.

I am not sure what to even think. I feel cold and intensely pained. My poor baby girl. Shes smart, she gets good grades, she kind and gentle. Why does this happen to the innocent people. All the poor little kids. I hurt so bad.

I am so sorry I wish I could take your hurt away! I asked the same question when my daughter was diagnosed with cancer and all I could do was look to GOD and pray to help her and to help me understand and give me the strength I needed to be there for her. All my prayers and thoughts are with you. May GOD bless all of you.
Lee Ann

I wish I knew what to say or do that would make everything better! I will continue praying! I love you guys!

I know it doesn’t seem fair, does it? I’m so sorry that your daughter has to go through this. As a mother, I can’t even imagine how awful it must be to feel helpless and just watching your child endure all that she has to. You will help her immensely just by being there and helping her through all of this. My family and their love were so therapeutic to me. Good luck to you and your daughter.

I cannot even begin to know how you feel,I can only imagine,just know the family is here for you and if you need anything please let us know.All of us are trying to send good thoughts and prayers your way…Auntie Barb

May prayers are with Kenzies and you. We will be here for you!

Ya’ll have had more than your share this past year!
Please give Kenzie and extra hug from me.
What can I do for you?
Sending my love and prayers for your family.
Phyllis

I am praying for you all, I wish it could be more! Kelley stay nice and strong for your daughter. I know you must have alot of questions, and I asked those questions too. My mother use to say, God will not give you more than you can handle. I lost it more than once when my daughter had her stroke, so much so fast, all in a day. Kenzie is young and young kids are so resilient. I am wishing and praying nothing but the best for you and your family.

Our prayers are with you also, we just found out about our 15 yr old sons AVM 2 days ago and I know we are facing your same path. We are scared and also praying for our son. I will make sure to add your daughter Kenzie to our prayers.

Dear Kelley, My husband is post op, 1st ER surgery 4/4/10, AVM obliterated 8/11/10, Our son had cranial surgery when he was 3months old, not for AVM but for something else, I know how it is to be so scared for your little one. We are all thinking about you and praying for you, God Bless you and your daughter!!