3 days after embolization

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my experience regarding my first embolization. As I have described in my introduction I was diagnosed with an AVM, Spetzler Martin Grade II. in my left frontal lobe. Finally I have decided to do embolization, the surgery was done in the Military Hospital in Hungary at 15.12.2017. It took 3 hours, it was difficult but it went well, without complications and the neurosurgeon was able to close 80% of the AVM, also including an intranidal aneurysm caused by the high blood pressure in that area. I am feeling a little bit weak but very well, without any complain, no headache, no pressure, no dizziness, nothing at all. Before the surgery I had pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear causing sleep disorder, that is how I found out about my AVM but now this symptom has been reduced, almost gone. Yesterday I was released from the hospital, the remaining 20% will be closed after 3 months, I am looking forward to get over it :slight_smile:
I wish you all great health and Merry Christmas!


3 days is very early. I hope you’ll feel a lot better by Christmas and the New Year. All the best for 2018!


Isn’t it lovely when the noise stops? I had a coil embolization 2 years ago. Recently I had a CAT scan done and the operator rushed out to ask if I had a hair clip that I’d forgotten to remove. Nope. Just my coils! At least I know they’re still there doing their job!

Great to hear it went so well, that’s awesome! Wishing you the best over the holidays, take care! John

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Very happy to hear about how well your embolisation went - it is amazing you have recovered enough to update us after so little time :muscle:

I hope you recover swiftly and have a wonderful Christmas and New year :snowflake:

Not long to go to completely close the AVM, this 2018 will be a great year!


Thanks for your support, Richard :slight_smile:
I also wish you all the best for 2018!

Yes, Jenny it is amazing not hearing those whooshing voices, it was just like the wind blowing or the train. It was very frustrating, getting louder especially when I was tired (I was also doing hard sport when suddenly I started to experience these noises) and I could not get to sleep. Now I am much more released, it feels just like a heartbeat but I hope that will also disappear after the embolization will be completed. Kind regards :slight_smile:

Thank you John, I wish you the same great health and all the best :slight_smile:

Thank you very much Karen, I also wish you Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hy Corrine,

Thank you for your support. I see that you are even younger than me and we were diagnosed almost at the same time. Mine was found in April, 2017. but it took some time to decide which way of treatment to choose. I was doing research and traveled to foreign countries asking opinions, because in my country (Romania, Europe) there is no reliable experience regarding embolization. Can I ask you if your AVM was/is being treated and what method did you choose? I wish you all the best for the New Year, always stay strong and positive :slight_smile:

Hi there Bea,

Wow we were diagnosed at very similar times indeed! My goodness, having to actually travel to differant countries to get opinions must have been very stressful and difficult.

I am very glad the travels resulted in helpful guidence and you have started treatment and are doing well. Soon I hope this stress of treatment will be behind us and we can move forward to recovering and moving forward!

Funnily enough I am currently at the waiting reception at NHNN hospital in london, waiting to see my consultant for the follow up to my angiogram from last month. We have already decided to take the embolisation route. I will have my first embolisation on January 26th. I will need several to safely eliminate my AVM and potentially followed by gamma knife if it’s not fully gone.

I will reply again if I find out anything else interesting from this meeting!

Best wishes and hugs,

Corrine x