2nd embo went well

Hi everyone, back from hospital, I had my 2nd embolization yesterday and I’m done. I had three veins that needed to be glued and now I will see another Doc next week for a consult, he will do one radiation treatment and thank God it’s non invasive. I just sit still in a thing kind of like an mri. :slight_smile: After that I’m done except for mri’s evey 6 months. My Neurosurgeon says I a perfect candidate for the embo and radiation to be the only treatment for my avm. He is confident it will shrivel up and go away within the next two years and chances now of a bleed after embo and then radiation is very slim. :slight_smile: I feel blessed and I feel great. I don’t feel as awful as I did the first embo. I had terrible headaches and was groggy. Right now I feel like a new woman except for a little soreness in my groin where they did the arteriogram through that artery.
Thanks everyone and God bless everyone.
Rachel

EXCELLENT work Rachel !! Good news is always worth a celebration…Celebrate, rest and heal as that beast becomes weaker and you become even stronger…Be good to you. Take care of you. Enjoy the blessings…

Yay! Such great news. Glad this embo was easier. They always do feel different and I love the ones that are “easy!” It is wonderful that you will be able to have embo’s and radiation and then be done! Great!!!
Shalon

Hi,

Congratulations! It’s always great to hear good news. I hope you continue to have good health.

So happy for you !!

I am glad to hear it went well…I was going to ask if you had any headache issues…Any horrible migraine probs? I had the worst migraine symptoms after each embo.
Lee Ann

Yes I had headaches but not constant. I would get sharp pains in my head here and there. They have subsided. Thank God!

Pheebzmom said:

I am glad to hear it went well…I was going to ask if you had any headache issues…Any horrible migraine probs? I had the worst migraine symptoms after each embo.
Lee Ann

That is wonderful Rachel that is wonderful. I wish johns was less invassive but they did say to obliterrate it was to do craniotomy so we decide it and it was trying time to decide i ask here and Ben and just about everyone what is best. It was hard. Gamma Knife was never offered but i was told you can do it. I thought about it but it was so different for everyone. Some complication and some none and it was hard to decide. Its FAITH we went in with FAITH. take care

I’m so glad you are so positive , and yes one thing , trust in God , He is our healer . I’m very fortunate and praise God , I’m AVM free today. The docters didn’t wanne touch my avm , to big and location. 3.4 x 2.3 cm at the left side at the back of my brain - oksipital left , the part that help your sight. Ihad 5 embolizations and then the operation , they said it is gonne left me blind or dead dangers is to big. But we 'v trusted and believed for a miricle. So just stay positive and believe , you willget through it .

WONDERFUL! WE CONTINUE TO BELIEVE ON GOD FOR HEALING AND STRENGHT DONT GIVE UP HANG IN THERE…WE ARE HERE

So Glad to hear

no migraines, just these sharp pains if I moved my head a certain way or leaned over to get something… went away after a few days thank God.
Rachel said:

Yes I had headaches but not constant. I would get sharp pains in my head here and there. They have subsided. Thank God!

Pheebzmom said:
Lee Ann