2 Year Post Gamma Knife

The last 2 years have been quite the adventure. My one year follow-up 2/23/10 showed shrinking progress, but the swelling and fluid weren't great signs. Yesterday 3/8/11 was my 2 year follow-up, and there are only 3 small dots left, no swelling, and the area the AVM once filled is now filled with spinal fluid. All good!!!!! I want to get dressed up, go dancing and drink champagne all night:) Hahaha....too tired, so I'll just walk around with a big smile on my face and happy tears in my eyes. At 3 years Dr. Fisher wants to do an angiogram and decide then if I need another treatment. I do not want to do this again. However, if I have to, maybe it would be a smaller dose. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. My progress, I think, leans toward it not being necessary. (I hope, pray and plan on it). I do have permanent brain damage from the AVM, but I began to notice some months ago, huge positive changes in my awareness and functioning capabilities. I didn't think I would ever come back this much and remain hopeful that it will continue. I am humbled by my blessings, it could have been so much worse.

I carry all of you in my heart.

YAY! Elizabeth! Such great news for you! My heart is singing! I wish more improvement everyday and another year of healing

HOW WONDERFUL!! I am so happy for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers to you. I just LOVE these great stories of positive and heartfelt blessings.

So happy to hear your very encouraging news! I will dance around for you!

Hi Elizabeth. It's great to hear about the progress that you had made two years after Gamma Knife. It had taken me a little over two years for my AVM to be completely obliterated and to completely recover from Gamma Knife. I suffered an AVM hemorrhage in my right parietal lobe, so my brain is slightly damaged due to the AVM. Sometimes I struggle with my intellect because of it. Luckily I have most of my strength back. :-)

Again, I'm glad that that you're making great progress with your recovery, and maybe soon you can get dressed up, and go out for some drinking and dancing.

May you continue to make progress and be blessed!

Congratulations Elizabeth!

What wonderful news. You'll be in my prayers that you stay on the road to recovery. Take care. You're such an inspiration to me. God bless you.

Hi Elizabeth that all sounds good!!! I have had two rounds of gamma knife and I didnt want the 2nd one but its not really up to us. Trust me it was much easier the 2nd time than the 1st. I pray that you will be done with your avm, soon, and no more treatments are needed :slight_smile: Again that is great news for you and your family :slight_smile:

Thats great news Elizabeth, I have a 6 mo post GK MRI on Monday, not expecting much but we will see… It’s great to hear it works. :slight_smile:

Hurray

That’s great news, my son had the gamma knife in October, is there anything you think i should be aware of or look out for with him? thankyou lauren. x