1st Cyberknife Procedure Completed!

Hi Keith, I’m glad to hear you can do more and more.

It takes more time to heal with brain issues.

I wish you the very best with your next cyber treatment.

Peace,
Ameenah

Just an update to all who have been following this blog. I completed my second cyberknife treatment on October 23rd. All went well although this treatment was longer (about an hour and a half or so). Given my problems after the first treatment my oncologist reduced the amount of radiaton to 16 from 20 and I was gradually weaned off the steroids to avoid the brain swelling that occurred after the first procedure. All in all I am very happy with my progress with this last treatment and have been able to do much more following this treatment then I was the first one in April. I will try and update more, including pictures very soon.

My prayers are with you…

Hi Keith, My younger sister has Large dysplastic AVM located in (L) P-O region and spleneum of corpus callosum which could not be treated completely by Embolization till date.It was detected years back in 2009 and had embolization twice & achieved 50% reduction . After that it was discouraging story as Doctors are not taking any affirmative steps so far Gamma Knife is concerned as it may harm healthy tissues also.May you suggest or share your valuable experience whether cyber knife can be helpful in such a case !!!! Friend looking forward for your valuable suggestion.....I will be really great full if you can help me to find a solution which I have not been able to find till date in India.Wish You good health & happiness...