12 years

Here’s a small but good piece of news to share. After I finished the last post, I was doing some journaling and thinking (I think best with a laptop or an iPad in front of me). My left arm was aching - now that’s not an uncommon thing. That arm has been aching for about the last 40 years or so. But it just started this week and it’s just in the upper arm area.

Oh yeah, I was at my doctor’s appointment on Monday and they wanted to give me my flu shot. I get it every year, but usually not this early. My daughter strongly advised to get it sooner given my propensity toward lung problems.

Now I want to make something purposely and very clear. The last time I felt it when I was given a flu shot was…

That’s right. For 12 years in a row, my flu shot felt no different than someone pushing a pen against my arm just enough to leave a small dot of ink. No pain then and no pain after. That started in 2008 and shortly after that is when the pinched nerve started making me very uncomfortable thus requiring us to spend Super Bowl Sunday in 2009 at a hotel in Rochester Mn.

Ever since then, those nerves have been dead. My daughter got so mad at me last year when we got our flu shots at the same time and hers hurt and mine didn’t.

It’s only a small dull ache, but it’s obvious to me that it’s in the flu site area. And that’s a good sign. That means that something, somewhere is healing up a bit.

And I’ll take that small improvement…

Cheers,

TJ

3 Likes

Ha! That’s great! Sucks that it aches. But, great to feel something at all. Every now and then I feel something kind of like cold. Warm not so much. I think it’s my brain trying to make sense of it. But, it’s something. And after 6 years, hey.