What were you doing in the minutes that led up to your AVM rupture?

Interesting… I suppose it’s possible that things that elevate the blood to your brain could be a factor, I am certainly no doctor, but mine sort of fits that, only it wasn’t cold. Here goes:
My 9 yr old was preparing for the NYS Championship USGA Meet (gymnastics). We were reviewing her floor routine and even though I was 48 then,(last March18) I can still do a few things and help her polish her routines the night before. Toward the end of the routine there is a split (which I am capable of doing) where she needed to keep her hands in a T as she slid into it and they had to be sharp, just higher than her shoulders.
I then proceeded to demonstrate…and I did have jeans on which were not necessarily the flexible kind. No sooner did I get into the split position with my arms up, I felt the burst in my head and as little time passed I became numb on my right side and was slurred slightly in speaking. I of course went to the ER at Albany Med,and was admitted. They knew what it was and I’ve been with their team since. I’ve had 2 embolisations and am getting ready for radiation in 2 weeks to try to obliterate it. In fact, I just got home from the deciding Angio with contrast earlier today.
BTW, I joked about it before but I still do blame the tight jeans for forcing the blood to my head.

-Lorna☀

Everyone’s story is so interesting. I almost wonder if the reason I didn’t have a bleed until I was 48 may have been because my BP is so low. It’s typically 90 over 60. It’s been lower too.

Was being a 10 year old boy playing with the dog and then started getting a bad headache. Told my parents they gave me some pain reliever but that didn’t solve the problem. AVM ruptured whent blind and the pain got so bad nocked me out. I’m great now. No longer blind but the years 2000 to 2002 were a little crazy.

first bleed: I was in bed
second: i was playing my playstation (ps1)
third: i was standing around waiting to play 5 a side football.

no logic there really - it just happened…

I was sitting at my desk – grade five – doing a worksheet for Drug Abuse Resistance Education. I had had a tickle in my throat that morning only, and I had gotten bumped on the swing at recess shortly before – never been proven if that was related or not. Suddenly I had a headache and a stiff neck. Apparently I kept telling my friend I had a headache and she told me to tell the teacher. In hindsight, I wanted her to tell the teacher for me. Finally the teacher noticed I had put my head down on the desk and she sent me to the office. I vomited and passed out before the ambulance arrived to take me away.

I was working at Lowe’s as a manager, when my eyes when in and out, then I had a 104 temp. The pain wouldn’t go away.