Vision loss and headaches

Hi guys, so ive been taking keppra as mentioned before and now i’m waiting for my gamma knife procedure to be done but i keep getting headaches and blurriness and vision loss for atleast 20 secs is this normal ?
What are the best ways to avoid/deal with it ?
Thanks guys xx

Hi Reem, I don’t know how yours is but mine I have a cataract on the same side as the AVM that is bleeding I wish I had more answers for you but I wish you the best and if I can help in anyway please let me know blessings to you I have to have the microsurgery shave my head cut the side of my head out and go in and get it and then on top of that I have a brain tumor that is benign thank God again blessings to you anything I can do please let me know, hugs

Hi love! Thanks for the reply
Mine is close to my eye sight maybe thats why. But good luck to you.xxxx

1 Like

Are your 20 second episodes after taking your Keppra? I’m not taking anything but not got much in the way of headaches. Plenty dizzy and weird head but no real headaches.

Best fix I’ve found is to cut out stimulants: no coffee, chocolate, smoking, alcohol, etc. Felt like a great fix when I first came off coffee & chocolate. I’ve declined over the months, so I feel less well but if I went back on, I’m sure i would feel instantly rubbish and more than likely instant ongoing headache.

Good luck!

Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard, not really they come randomly anywhere anytime. I take keppra twice aday at 1pm and at 9pm 750.
I did cut out coffee,alcohol, being around ppl who smoke but i didn’t cut out chocolate why would chocolate be a problem ?

I assume it is the cocoa, which I assume is a stimulant.

1 Like

If you’re getting repeated episodes, definitely mention to your hospital or GP team. I had one 5s episode of significant dizziness and the hospital said “not worried” but if I got several repeats to mention again.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!